• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX owners' gripes....

I believe the BMW M5 should be on the list of cars that can match the NSX's performance

The BMW M5 weighs 4,000 pounds and compensates with its 400 hp. It is an excellent car for those who are looking for a high-performance luxury sedan. But it is not a sports car and does not perform like a sports car. Published acceleration numbers are at least half a second slower than the NSX.

From one 91 Red NSX owner to another:

The one ignorant response I've got is from my barber who saw it and goes "Prelude?"

The rest of the reactions from people have been utter amazement, people slow down and go out of their way to look at it. Most people are like "I've only seen that car in the Gran Turismo video game"

My neighbour saw it and his jaw dropped and said simply "Oh my god!"

I've never got reactions like this in a 911.

For me the exclusivity of the NSX is great, up here in Toronto you'll see a 911 daily (during the summer), but you'll only see an NSX once a month or so.

Well now, I think maybe this talked about Ferrari attitude problem must be catchy. I am hearing some bad attitude from some of you. Yes, I am a Ferrari owner. Yes, I love alot about Ferraris. Lets be honest it has a great history. I have been a member of the Ferrari Owners Club for ten years now. Most of the members are the nicest people you would ever want to be. I have never heard anyone make a negative comment about a NSX or thier owners. Yes the Ferrari is quite expensive to repair and maintain. Maybe this is why people have said that the NSX is a poor mans Ferrari, you get great looks, handling and performance without giving your hard earned money to your mechanic.

I think that this is an outstanding web site and would be proud to be a NSX owner and club member. Someday I may make a change.

Let's all keep our attitudes right. Both the Ferrari and the NSX are great cars, I don,t think there needs to be any attacks.

Originally posted by vtec:
i believe the 2001 vette, and for sure the zo6 will beat the nsx in all catergories of performance..0-60, 1/4 mile, braking, g force ect. i think the zo6 will do the 60,mph sprint in less than 4.5 seconds.

But it's still not an NSX!!!

I have never driven a Ferrari. I think some of them look pretty nice on the outside (not as nice as the NSX, of course)... but the couple of Ferrari interiors I've seen remind me of an electric car
wink.gif

------------------
nsx1
2000 Yellow/Black/6-sp #172
http://www.nsx1.com

C'mon guys - we all love our NSX but to bash Ferraris is just silly.

In looks and guts the NSX is the kid brother of a 360, which is an incredible shape - without sounding insane or perverted the 360 is IMO the closest thing to a beatiful woman.

Personally I don't have the financial balls to commit to a 360 at the moment, although
in my dream world (and wife allowing) I'd have a 360 for the weekend and the NSX as a daily driver.

But more likely I'll end up with an M5 as a daily driver and the NSX as the weekend car.

Biggest reason I went for a Y2K NSX was reliability / cost of keeping the thing running. Still lust after a 360 though.

I hope no one thought I was Ferrari bashing...I just had a couple negative things to say about one particular owner of a 355 and a relative who is a soon-to-be-owner of a 360.

I'd love to have a 360 Spyder...couldn't afford any part of it tho'.

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 27 November 2000).]

I'd love to have a 360 Spyder...

I'd love to have one too. But I also have the nagging feeling that it would make me REALLY appreciate my NSX, even more than I already do.

It's just a damn car, guys. No big deal. NSX, F355, 360 Modena, Lamborghini Diablo...I'd just as soon take any of these through an automatic car wash as my 1992 Nissan Pathfinder, if they would clear the wheel/tire guides.

So I'm not really a car nut...boo.

[This message has been edited by weiku (edited 05 December 2000).]

Back