• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner 91 Red in California.

What's up prime, just picked up a 91 with 61k miles over in AZ and drove it back to San Francisco, such a fun road trip. Anyways time for the eye candy.

P1020826.JPGP1020828.JPGP1020829.JPGP1020830.JPGP1020832.JPGP1020838.jpgP1020841.JPGP1020842.JPGP1020843.JPG

I guess I'll start off by saying that I've been looking for an NSX for about 4 months. Some of you may have seen me post a thread about 2 NSX's that I let slip through my hands because I didn't have the necessary funds to pick them up. Found this beauty on Autotrader as soon as I did have the funds and flew out a couple days later to pick her up. She now has 62k miles because of the road trip and I'm not even mad about it because it was a really great ride. Engine is completely stock. I'm not really feeling the rims, luckily the previous owner had the originals in perfect condition but don't have any tires on them. I picked her up on the 6th of this month. I was getting ready to register but unfortunately she failed smog, high NO at 25 MPH. Took her to a reputable honda/acura shop where I live, mechanic told me that the timing is sitting at 36 degrees and that could be the reason why the NO is high, he also did various tests, did a carb clean, checked the EGR and those were good. He asked me if I wanted to retard the timing and I said go ahead, but she only went down 5 degrees. He's going to take it to the smog shop tomorrow to see if it'll pass with that amount, if not, then he'll have to tear her apart and adjust it. Previous owner had the timing belt done at 60k in 2007. If you guys have any other advice other than trying to adjust the timing that would be great. Anyways, glad to be a member on prime and glad to be a new owner!

Edit: Forgot to add, common issue, radio works, speakers are bad:mad: Was wondering if I should have them replaced with some high quality aftermarket speakers and new head unit or to have the speakers repaired, your opinions are appreciated!

Attachments

• P1020831.JPG
    P1020831.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
Congrats!

If you are interested in selling the trunk mat, let me know.

Check if the water pump was done at the same time as the timing belt. You are also getting close to changing it again anyways due to time.

Hope to see you around SF. If you have any questions, let me know.

Congrats on the best year and color. We usually have quite a few good meets so hopefully you can attend soon. Let us know how the smog thing works out. There is a thread on Prime somewhere about the trials and tribulations many of us face trying to pass smog.

Thanks to everyone! Anyways the 5 degrees made a hell of a difference and I was able to pass:biggrin: I'm at work right now and I'll post pics of the before and after the timing degree change.

Mods, please move because this will now be a progress thread.

Hey prime, ran into something weird today. I just swapped out the front corner lights to LEDS. With the engine off they checked out fine. Just started driving it at night and noticed that my passenger side corner light blinks on and off every 5 seconds with the engine on. Killed the engine, turned the lights on and they're perfectly fine. Turned the engine back on, turned on the lights and it started happening again. I haven't messed with it yet because I'm only on my lunch hour and was wondering if you guys had any ideas. Thanks!

If you are still having problems with your LEDS, I suggest swapping back the regular bulbs and see if it still happens. Often times the culprit is the bulb.

What's up prime, just picked up a 91 with 61k miles over in AZ and drove it back to San Francisco, such a fun road trip. Anyways time for the eye candy.

View attachment 120659View attachment 120660View attachment 120661View attachment 120662View attachment 120664View attachment 120665View attachment 120666View attachment 120667View attachment 120668

I guess I'll start off by saying that I've been looking for an NSX for about 4 months. Some of you may have seen me post a thread about 2 NSX's that I let slip through my hands because I didn't have the necessary funds to pick them up. Found this beauty on Autotrader as soon as I did have the funds and flew out a couple days later to pick her up. She now has 62k miles because of the road trip and I'm not even mad about it because it was a really great ride. Engine is completely stock. I'm not really feeling the rims, luckily the previous owner had the originals in perfect condition but don't have any tires on them. I picked her up on the 6th of this month. I was getting ready to register but unfortunately she failed smog, high NO at 25 MPH. Took her to a reputable honda/acura shop where I live, mechanic told me that the timing is sitting at 36 degrees and that could be the reason why the NO is high, he also did various tests, did a carb clean, checked the EGR and those were good. He asked me if I wanted to retard the timing and I said go ahead, but she only went down 5 degrees. He's going to take it to the smog shop tomorrow to see if it'll pass with that amount, if not, then he'll have to tear her apart and adjust it. Previous owner had the timing belt done at 60k in 2007. If you guys have any other advice other than trying to adjust the timing that would be great. Anyways, glad to be a member on prime and glad to be a new owner!

Edit: Forgot to add, common issue, radio works, speakers are bad:mad: Was wondering if I should have them replaced with some high quality aftermarket speakers and new head unit or to have the speakers repaired, your opinions are appreciated!

I drove this car for about 5 minutes and passed on it.. felt like a great car for the money, the red interior parts make it unique, but wanted a more traditional look. The owner was a nice guy, the kind of guy you know would not abuse his car. Good luck.

Congratulations and good luck with the car! She looks like she's in excellent condition. I just bought my Red/Black/Ivory two weeks ago. I think your car is one I was going to check out when it was first put up for sale, but I was lucky to find close to me FL.

Attachments

• IMG_20150101_162306203_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150101_162306203_HDR.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20150214_154527676.jpg
    IMG_20150214_154527676.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 30
Back