• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner in Melbourne

Hi everyone, my name is Andrew and I own a 1991 Australian delivered manual. Bought it in Newcastle and drove it home the coastal route over 5 days which was a lot of fun.

Suffice to say that I am extremely happy with the car - what a joy to drive.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Anyone want to buy a Turbo Esprit?

Attachments

• IMG_3306.JPG
    IMG_3306.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_3307.JPG
    IMG_3307.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_3308.JPG
    IMG_3308.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_3301.jpg
    IMG_3301.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 168
Hi Andrew,

Congratulations, the car looks great and certainly a step up from the Lotus - with all due respect to British engineering of course!!! Where did you find the car, I haven't seen that one advertised?

We will look forward to meeting you at some stage not too far down the track. In relation to buying the Lotus, I'll pass on that one - they're a nice looking car but......

All the best,

David

Welcome Andrew, Nice car, great colour and looks pretty original. Has it done much work? Its hard to tell from the photos as they age very well!!!

Cheers

nice car! i bought mine in noosa and drove it to Melbourrne in 24 hrs non stop. was seeing double vision by the end. good luck with your car. also check your tranmission to see if it is in the snap ring failure zone. check the serial no. on the gearbox. honda made alot of gearboxes between 91-92 that have major issues.
there is threads on prime you can find out more.
Ben

Congratulations on the buy mate.

Looks great, quite clean from looking at the photos, im sure you will enjoy every moment of it, i know i would =)

Back on what mlcnsx mentioned, i would also like to know where you found it as i also havent seen this particular nsx advertised.

Thanks all for the welcome.

I found it on Car Sales.

It has done 133,000 k's.

The snap ring fell in the range but with this many k's I figured that it was either fixed or that the original is still going strong.

Does anyone in Oz fix the speakers? What are the options? I read that to fit an aftermarket stereo is expensive and tricky.

If the car is not started for a few days the ABS and TC lights come on (did not pick this up during the test drive, neither did the Honda NSX dealer during their inspection) - but when started again they go out. There is also a buzzing sound coming from the center console near the gear lever (didn't notice this during the test drive) - this is a tell tale sign that the ABS is a bit sick?

I'm guessing the fix for these warning lights is new modules?

Cheers,
A

Hi Andrew and welcome.
I'm also in Melb, also only picked up a NSX only a month ago and also called Andrew!
The forum is pretty comprehensive, most niggles of the car the issue can be found here though may take a little searching. Look forward to seeing you at the next cruise.

If the car is not started for a few days the ABS and TC lights come on (did not pick this up during the test drive, neither did the Honda NSX dealer during their inspection) - but when started again they go out.

Most likely its your ABS Accumulation quite common and not that expensive. Also try a ABS brake test on a gravel/wet road may unstick sticky solenoids.
ABS flush there's a few threads on how to do it on Prime.

There is also a buzzing sound coming from the center console near the gear lever.

Thats the A/C sensor module it has a small fan that sits behind the vent/grill in-front of the hand brake. Dust is the major cause of the noisey fan if you have an air compressor handy then blow air through the vent that should blow the dust out.

Hi Andrew,

Remember, I saw you in Braeside with it last month. As with most NSX's, they're much loved & in good condition. Apart from the known problems, they do LAST & age very well. Enjoy. - Paul

Hi Andrew and welcome.
I'm also in Melb, also only picked up a NSX only a month ago and also called Andrew!
The forum is pretty comprehensive, most niggles of the car the issue can be found here though may take a little searching. Look forward to seeing you at the next cruise.
I remember you from the MR2 club - small world!

Most likely its your ABS Accumulation quite common and not that expensive. Also try a ABS brake test on a gravel/wet road may unstick sticky solenoids.
ABS flush there's a few threads on how to do it on Prime.

Thats the A/C sensor module it has a small fan that sits behind the vent/grill in-front of the hand brake. Dust is the major cause of the noisey fan if you have an air compressor handy then blow air through the vent that should blow the dust out.
Thanks NSX-SA - I like the sound of an inexpensive fix. Cheers.

Thanks all for the welcome.

I found it on Car Sales.

It has done 133,000 k's.

The snap ring fell in the range but with this many k's I figured that it was either fixed or that the original is still going strong.

Does anyone in Oz fix the speakers? What are the options? I read that to fit an aftermarket stereo is expensive and tricky.

If the car is not started for a few days the ABS and TC lights come on (did not pick this up during the test drive, neither did the Honda NSX dealer during their inspection) - but when started again they go out. There is also a buzzing sound coming from the center console near the gear lever (didn't notice this during the test drive) - this is a tell tale sign that the ABS is a bit sick?

I'm guessing the fix for these warning lights is new modules?

Cheers,
A
your gearbox may still be ok. good luck. and Ive got the same issue with the fan.

Can I ask how much you paid for it? need to make sure I sell mine in the right bracket..people are asking silly money for them on carsales at the moment..

mine has been well and truly checked..and car is fantastic right through after minor repairs.

I will put mine on Carsales shortly

Can I ask how much you paid for it? need to make sure I sell mine in the right bracket..people are asking silly money for them on carsales at the moment..

mine has been well and truly checked..and car is fantastic right through after minor repairs.

I will put mine on Carsales shortly

I paid $49k which I thought was ok considering it is a manual.

I paid $49k which I thought was ok considering it is a manual.

Hi and welcome!

I think you did ok as well :wink:

To get an unmolested manual with 133,000 kms on it is trully rare. The '91 is 20 years old now and you have bought yourself a collectors item there!

Beautiful colour too!

Back