• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner in Nashville - 1996 coupe

After years of dreaming of owning an Acura NSX, I finally purchased one in January. I have been commuting in my Honda S2000 for over a year and decided it was time to buy an automatic for daily driving. Bought a TL Type-S, but ended up giving it to my son. While looking for a new commuter, I came across a 1996 Brooklands Green coupe in Colorado. One owner car with 60k miles. It checked all my boxes for a commuter (coupe, automatic, proud to own it, etc.) and the price was too good to pass up. Had it shipped in January and have driven it almost everyday since it arrived. The Sport Shift option is fun, but the vast majority of my drive is stop and go or speed limit commuting. It is a thrill to drive this every day. Now my S2000 is getting ignored, which may mean a NSX-T is coming someday to be my weekend "convertible".
s-l1603.jpg

that is a rare bird

Congratulations to you - nice find and acquisition!

Tan or black (onyx) interior?

It has the black/onyx interior. It was the only Brooklands Green coupe made in 1996, which is pretty cool.

Welcome! I never knew a coupe existed in this color; A nice find indeed. Enjoy in good health!

As far as I can tell, the previous owner was in his early 60s when he bought the car and sold it in his 80s. Not sure he knew that it was a rare car. I am trying to get in touch with him because I want to know if he special ordered the coupe or if a dealer had ordered it and he just purchased it off the lot.

Welcome! I never knew a coupe existed in this color; A nice find indeed. Enjoy in good health!

All 1994 Brooklands Greens (151 made) are Coupes as well. They are the first NSX to have a color matched roof. Though the first ~9 sold in the US still had the black roof. But now I'm getting side tracked.

As far as I can tell, the previous owner was in his early 60s when he bought the car and sold it in his 80s. Not sure he knew that it was a rare car. I am trying to get in touch with him because I want to know if he special ordered the coupe or if a dealer had ordered it and he just purchased it off the lot.

Congratulations! I recall reading that all Coupes were special order after 1995 and am curious to hear the answer.

I track NSX sale data to help the community and I am curious about the price you paid for your rare NSX. Out of nearly 2300 NSX data points, this is the first 1996 coupe I have ever seen. If you are comfortable sharing the sale price, please PM me. Thank you and enjoy your new NSX!

Last edited:
Snap!....well with a 96 Coupe anyway. Mine was a special order in Japan, man steering, Type R exhaust, Black roof.
Congratulations.

RacerXwing, happy to share my sales information for your database. Cannot PM you for some reason. You can email me at kcowherd AT gmail DOT com.

NSX9, Monte Carlo Blue is an amazing color. Too bad our cars are on different continents.

Back