• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner in TX

Awesome - How was dealing with SW2 Heritage cars. Looked like an immaculate car. Awesome pics on his site. Hope you got a good deal. Congrats

Last edited:
Carl at David McDavid maintained mine for 20 years before I purchased it. When I got the car I went straight to him. He spent time first walking me around the car and then walking me through every major record and service. I think he's outstanding.

Awesome - How was dealing with SW2 Heritage cars. Looked like an immaculate car. Awesome pics on his site. Hope you got a good deal. Congrats

Sterling sold this car to it's current owner last year. Owner had 2 NXS's and decided to sell this one. Sterling basically facilitated this purchase. Pretty painless and straight forward.

Whatever you do........ do NOT take your car to Mac Churchill. Check their reviews. My personal experience there this past summer was horrible.

Hello and welcome, sir! Congratulations on the acquisition.

This is Charles, from Cars and Cannolli. My car has been maintained since mile 83 at David McDavid.

If you have a FaceBook, we have a local TX FB group called NSXoTX, we also have the regional area a little further down the page here in the forums.

Hello and welcome, sir! Congratulations on the acquisition.

This is Charles, from Cars and Cannolli. My car has been maintained since mile 83 at David McDavid.

If you have a FaceBook, we have a local TX FB group called NSXoTX, we also have the regional area a little further down the page here in the forums.

Thanks for the feedback. Will be getting car delivered from Tennessee next week or so.

Carl at David McDavid maintained mine for 20 years before I purchased it. When I got the car I went straight to him. He spent time first walking me around the car and then walking me through every major record and service. I think he's outstanding.

^^ The major service records from the previous owner were all handled by Carl at David McDavid. Welcome and hope to see you at Cars and Coffee!

i'm local and can do work if needed. Work at Pride Group formally at acura

After I got my car delivered, I took it to McDavid Acura in Plano. Car needed some deferred maintenance addressed. It had not been driven much in the last couple of years and the AC compressor seized up. Had all the fluids changed, new AC compressor and dryer, plus a new brake master cylinder (there was a weep there seller disclosed).
Turns out the chief NSX tech, Carl Cornelius, retired last Friday. This is the last official NSX he worked on after nearly 40 years of wrenching. He's been around since the first gen cars came out in '91. I feel very lucky and thankful.
Anyway, I had him do the TB/WP (was at year 6) and a new clutch (was barely slipping). Perhaps overkill but preventive maintenance and a clean slate now. Ready to log some happy miles...after a Zaino wax treatment!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 75
Tried posting pics of my car (and my good service experience at a dealer in Plano) but perhaps this feature is blocked since I’m new here. Can Mods help?? I don’t seem to have the PM function either.

Hello, anyone? Bueller? Any moderators here can help me with posting pics, PM’s etc?
Crickets.....

Donate to the site. $25 per year. Well worth it.

No problem with donating. Just want to make sure by doing so I can post up pictures and enable private messaging. Can't see anything in the rules of usage that indicate that one is dependent on the other.

Last edited:
Alright...now I can post pics etc :smile:

I took my 91 NSX to McDavid Acura in Plano for some deferred service. It needed a leaky brake master cylinder replaced. The AC compressor also seized up on me. Car had not been driven much in the last 2 years which certainly contributed to these issues. I had all the fluids done, plus the AC compressor and dryer replaced. New brake master cylinder.

Turns out the NSX master tech, Carl Cornelius, was about to retire. I went ahead and had the clutch replaced since it was starting to slip. Also did the TB/WP as it was due next year. Preventative maintenance, I guess. This is the last car Carl worked on in an official capacity. They did a great job and the car is totally up to speed now and runs great. 33k on the odo and ready to rack up some miles.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    625.6 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 125
Well...let me be the first to say that's one helluva stable you've got there. Welcome to the club and happy motoring!

Back