• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner of a 1991 Silver NSX with Comptech Mods Galore

Well, I finally pulled the trigger and bought this wonderful 1991 Silverstone Silver NSX:

The car is a 5-Speed with 91k miles. It's in immaculate condition inside and out. The previous owner updated everything to near new working order - including replacing all the dials/buttons on the radio so that it was still in new condition. The car also has been taken care of by Shad at Driving Ambitions for most of its life. All modifications and service in recent years done by his shop. Here are the list of mods:

CTSC Comptech Supercharger
Comptech headers
Comptech intake
Comptech exhaust
Comptech Indy big brake
Comptech sport suspension package (Koni shocks with sport springs)
Comptech Front and Rear Sway Bars
Driving Ambition Non-Compliance Toe Link
Driving Ambition Non-Compliance Rear Beam
Comptech Shortshifter kit
Work wheels, 17"&18" staggered

For the sake of future buyer info... the buyer was asking for 35.5K. I bought it well short of that.

I am incredibly excited to embark on a great future with this car. I'm a Honda guy at heart - my first car was a CRX, followed by an Accord, then a 2000 Civic Si. Since then, I've stuck to European cars, but the NSX has always been a dream car for me. I hope to continue to take care of it and drive it for years to come. There will be some changes to the car - but that's part of the way I am.

Here's a pic of my other two cars I drive around now:

2013 McLaren 12C Spider with Vorsteiner Bodykit and Innotech Exhaust

2008 Audi RS4 with JHM Tune/Header/Exhaust/Clutch/LWFW, KW V3 Coils, Vorstiener wheels

Can't wait to drive my car tomorrow!

Looks clean! Congratulations on the new toy!!

I just got to drive an RS4 for the first time yesterday. Also a fantastic car. Lucky you get to enjoy both that and the NSX at the same time!

very nice...congrats. Car looks familiar. Is that picture of your McLaren from the SF C&C?

Looks pristine. Where was she listed for sale?

Was on craigslist... It posted and I happened to check immediately. Made an appointment in the afternoon to look/drive and closed the deal once I saw what a great condition it was in. The mechanics.. well it drives like a 91k mile 1991 car. But the basics of the mechanics are still there. It was only on for 1 day on craigslist before I bought it, it was that good.

- - - Updated - - -

very nice...congrats. Car looks familiar. Is that picture of your McLaren from the SF C&C?

Yep that's my car from SF C&C! Were you there?

Would be great to get to know the Bay Area NSX guys as I will embark on a build for the car and would love to know good mechanics/etc to work with. I've talked to Shad from Driving Ambitions extensively, but he's rather far away too.

Yep that's my car from SF C&C! Were you there?

Would be great to get to know the Bay Area NSX guys as I will embark on a build for the car and would love to know good mechanics/etc to work with. I've talked to Shad from Driving Ambitions extensively, but he's rather far away too.

I was not there but I believe there were other NSX owners there. Check the NorCal section of Prime. Some NSX owners are planning to be at the next SF C&C meeting. You are probably already familiar with the 100OCT group which also has a couple nice meets in the Bay Area (Menlo Park & Santana Row). Your car's big brother the P1 was at one of the Menlo Park meets. We are also planning a small NSX meet this Saturday at a sushi place if you're interested.

I was not there but I believe there were other NSX owners there. Check the NorCal section of Prime. Some NSX owners are planning to be at the next SF C&C meeting. You are probably already familiar with the 100OCT group which also has a couple nice meets in the Bay Area (Menlo Park & Santana Row). Your car's big brother the P1 was at one of the Menlo Park meets. We are also planning a small NSX meet this Saturday at a sushi place if you're interested.

Yeah I know Benoit well. I went on the GG2H rally last year with my C63 Black. Would love to hang out with you guys. I'll check the NorCal forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Right here on Prime too
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...Silver-CTSC-NSX-91xxx-miles-JH4NA1159MT003193

OP, was it posted on CL prior to 8/3/14?
I think you got a heck of a deal. Congrats and enjoy.

It was actually posted on CL on the morning of 8/4/14. I called then and saw the car 8/4/14 - then made a deal that night. The owner was a true enthusiast and took care of his car well. I had been looking at a few others and they were in really bad condition - when I saw this one, I knew it was lovingly cared for.

Yeah I know Benoit well. I went on the GG2H rally last year with my C63 Black. Would love to hang out with you guys. I'll check the NorCal forums.

Seriously?! I was on the rally too. Benoit is a great guy. Small world.

1073251_631381933541449_17590907_oa_zps6688fe41.jpg

Congrats on the new nsx , she's a beauty !!! And sounds like a great deal too!!!

Btw, just a heads up, that is a Sebring silver, not Siverstone:redface: but beautiful none the less...:cool:

Congrats on the new nsx , she's a beauty !!! And sounds like a great deal too!!!

Btw, just a heads up, that is a Sebring silver, not Siverstone:redface: but beautiful none the less...:cool:

Sorry. I have a lot to learn! Thanks.

Congrats! Looks like you got a sweet deal! Enjoy:)

Nice color! :smile:
See you at the September C&C!

Back