• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

New Owner

I HAVE JUST BROUGHT HOME THE ONE THING I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED
I NEED SOME HELP
THIS CAR A 2000 SILVER NSX IS IN VERY NICE SHAPE
I DONT THINK THE LAST OWNER NEW VERY MUCH OR REALLY WANTED TO USE THE CAR MORE THAN SHOW .
IT HAS BELSTEIN SHOCKS COIL OVER IM ASUMING LOWERING KIT.
BLITZ WHEELS 17X 7 FRONT 18 X 9 REAR
BUT IM HAVEING A RUBBING PROBLEM IN FRONT WHEEL WELLS AT SPEED OR NOT. BUMP IN THE ROAD EVEN . NOT MAGOR BUT ENOUGH TO BE A PROBLEM CAN SOME ONE HELP ME FIGUR THIS OUT.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR OR HOW TO ADGUST OR WHAT TO CHANGE
THANKS DB: biggrin:

Last edited:
Welcome ,please disengage caps.Online that is akin to yelling:smile: To help you please post the size of your tires.Also how low is the car? Post a pic from the side or measure the distance between the low point of the car to level ground.Low point being the jack points along side rails or spoiler.

Welcome to Prime and congrats on your NSX. You'll learn lots on this forum. Definitely post some pics.:smile:

Welcome ,please disengage caps.Online that is akin to yelling:smile: To help you please post the size of your tires.Also how low is the car? Post a pic from the side or measure the distance between the low point of the car to level ground.Low point being the jack points along side rails or spoiler.

Ditto.

I HAVE JUST BROUGHT HOME THE ONE THING I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED
I NEED SOME HELP
THIS CAR A 2000 SILVER NSX IS IN VERY NICE SHAPE
I DONT THINK THE LAST OWNER NEW VERY MUCH OR REALLY WANTED TO USE THE CAR MORE THAN SHOW .
IT HAS BELSTEIN SHOCKS COIL OVER IM ASUMING LOWERING KIT.
BLITZ WHEELS 17X 7 FRONT 18 X 9 REAR
BUT IM HAVEING A RUBBING PROBLEM IN FRONT WHEEL WELLS AT SPEED OR NOT. BUMP IN THE ROAD EVEN . NOT MAGOR BUT ENOUGH TO BE A PROBLEM CAN SOME ONE HELP ME FIGUR THIS OUT.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR OR HOW TO ADGUST OR WHAT TO CHANGE
THANKS DB: biggrin:

Welcome Online

1. Whats Tire Size?
2. Whats rim Offset? Wheel Adapters may correct..
3. Verify Shocks and Springs you have... Maybe Adjustable...
4. What is it rubbing? Fender, Fender Well, Brake Caliper, Spring, etc.....Ground?

Might be several fixes, but you must give as much detail as possible and a pic or 2. 17inch in the front with the right offset generally dont rub even with a 2inch drop IMO. Most have more issues with the lip scrubbing then the wheel rub issue....

I had 17 inch on the front of my NSX with a 2.5 inch drop (previous owner)....The black inner liner to the wheel well was removed and that ended that.... Eventually I raised the car up 1inch and went with and 18inch with no issues...

if you have a full coilover, the previous owner cared a lil about performance...

Last edited:
Welcome on the forum of insane of beautiful car :smile: ! can you better describe the noise than you hear? you hear this noise all the time? , when you turn the wheel? , when you pass to the top of a bump? , when you operate the brake? , it is a noise of friction or shock? :confused:
have photographs of your car ?…, much of happiness with your beautiful NSX :smile:

Back