• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NEW! SCW Performance Composite Fiberglass Center Console - Double Din

Hello guys,

Here it is, the production model for our newest item - the NSX Composite Fiberglass Double DIN Center Console

Priced at just $249.99 (double-din) each. Contact me for availability.

* We also offer this in no cut out, and single-din versions *

I decided to post this as an informational writeup on our center console so you can get an idea of the fitment, and install.

First off, this console is pre cut for Double DIN head units. It retains the OEM coin tray, and auto climate fan vent, as well as offers a near factory fitment. Additionally, these are a very thick, solid fiberglass composite, not a bendy/wimpy console. Also worth mentioning, this console allows for the shift boot and coin tray to attach with OEM screws, not glue / adhesive like some other brand consoles, which makes installation much easier. Each stereo is slightly different, so you will have to sand/trim appropriately for each install, but majority of the work is already done for you with this console.

Now onto the pictures, on my console I decided to paint color-match to my NSX OEM Paintcode - 4 layers urethane primer, sanding inbetween each coat to 600 grit. 4 layers urethane base coat, and 3 layers urethane clearcoat which was wet-sanded to 3000 grit for final buffing. (Consoles come in black fiberglass gelcoat to start with)...

NSX-R shift boot installed, coin tray, and auto climate fan
DSC_0454_zps508a1fba.jpg

Here you can see everything uses OEM hardware, except the climate fan which I trimmed the mount ring off the ashtray assy. and bonded it to the back of the vent.
DSC_0456_zps7489db6a.jpg

DSC_0455_zps298dd769.jpg

Here it is installed:
DSC_0459_zps6b40d0af.jpg

DSC_0461_zps7897bcf2.jpg

DSC_0460_zpsff3d7fb9.jpg

Excellent fitment for OEM parts:
DSC_0462_zpse4c26509.jpg

DSC_0463_zps44de2bca.jpg

DSC_0464_zps520d4d5d.jpg

If you are looking to purchase one of these you can find them on our website, www.s2carbonworks.com, we do offer installation and paint services if you are in the Dallas, TX area.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Checked the website. Very nice and the price is right! Any thoughts on adding an ashtray cutout?

Unfortunately there are no plans for that, seems most clients are looking to remove the ash tray... Out of curiosity, how many people actually smoke in the NSX? :)

I will say though for a benefit, you save some weight, and have now the option of adding gauges, radar detectors / gizmos etc. gps, or anything else in the blank spot now..easy.

Last edited:
OK, I ask because I have an SOS gauge panel there. I guess I can cut holes to mound my two gauges. Thanks for providing some really nice options for the NSX!

The climate control look like they're set too low in the cutout. Is this just a result of the photo angle or is there a way to adjust that?

It is the angle of the photo and the shadows of reflection that skew the picture, it is dead on in person.

For the single-din cutout, your website shows that there is a recess over the remaining area of what would be a double-din cutout. Is that how it really is? What about the consoles without a cutout, do they have a recess on the front face?

Do you have any of the double dins in stock?

Looks really good. What brand / part number paint and clear coat did you use to finish the one in the picture?

Maybe 3 weeks or so for more to be ready. I've been really tied up at the shop with customer engine builds and other projects...

At the current rate of production, the next batch will be sold before they are even finished. So, it may be best to preorder one unless you don't mind a longer wait than it takes for the next batch to be ready.

Back