• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New seats pix

After a poll was taken, (here) and finally deciding on colors, my seats are done!

I had Leatherseats.com do the seats including installing them. *I decided to have them installed because of the frustration expressed by other Prime members. I could have done them but in the long run I know it was worth it.

Black with torch red inserts and red 2x stitching. Black NSX logo on black. Matching torch red door inserts as well. *Sidebar: I ordered them prior to the group buy. Anyone waiting on their seats from Leatherseats.com, I can tell you the quality is top notch,

I also recovered my speakers with new material, compliments of Malibu Rapper. Many thanks! :smile:

Funny thing. I feel I'm sitting higher than before. Also, the smell of new leather is intoxicating!

6429signature_good.jpg

Sky :smile:

PS: The pix were taken in very bright sunlight. It does not reflect the true red/black colors. The red looks orange but it is not. *Except the last pix taken in the garage sans flash.

642911.jpg

642921.jpg

642931.jpg

642941.jpg

*True colors last pix below

642951.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good!

What was the cost for installation? Did they break downt the installation cost, i.e. seats door inserts etc or was it a fixed fee? Did you change the arm rests on the doors and the center console as well?

I want to get this done but it may have to wait for right now, not sure if I will do it myself or pay a local installer.

Looks good!

What was the cost for installation?
It was $300 for the seats & $65 for the door inserts. *Free shipping back to me.
Did they break downt the installation cost, i.e. seats door inserts etc or was it a fixed fee?
It was fixed fee as per above.
Did you change the arm rests on the doors and the center console as well?
No, left the armrests and center stuff OEM. The poll I took really help me decide.

I want to get this done but it may have to wait for right now, not sure if I will do it myself or pay a local installer.

I had a hard time finding someone local who would do it for under $500. *It has a lot to do where I live...IOWA.

Regards,
6429signature_good.jpg

Sky :wink:

Argghhhh....I was going to do the exact same combo but I chickened out. Instead I went with blk/blk perforated center/red dbl stitching.

Btw, I think your interior looks great. Enjoy. :smile:

Looks good. What are the suggestions for a yellow car? Yellow in the center seems to me to be too... tacky?

All yellow seats?

My friend has a 04 yellow with yellow seats and it looks cool!
64292_Go_Fast_Crack_Pipes_2_.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. Nice job on the leather and installation.

So is all the seat leather new or just the inserts? Can't tell from the description. Jeff

Congratulation, I think the seats look really nice that in fact they influence me to consider of upgrading my NSX seats. Thanks for sharing!:smile:

Argghhhh....I was going to do the exact same combo but I chickened out. Instead I went with blk/blk perforated center/red dbl stitching.

Btw, I think your interior looks great. Enjoy. :smile:

You have pics on this, I was thining about doing black with perforated centers and maybe either flat door inserts or perforated not sure. The red double stiching could look cool. I tend to lean on the understated side when it comes to things but that could be a nice finishing touch. Was also thinking about getting the NSX-R type matts, just with the red boader, nor R though:wink:

Congratulation, I think the seats look really nice that in fact they influence me to consider of upgrading my NSX seats. Thanks for sharing!:smile:

Thanks for the compliment. It is a 91 and the seats were ready for a makeover.

Sky

PS: Just do it! :wink:

You have pics on this, I was thining about doing black with perforated centers and maybe either flat door inserts or perforated not sure. The red double stiching could look cool...

I just placed my order with the last group buy. I'll take pictures once they are installed.

Bill, it does look fantastic! I am sure the pictures don't even do it justice. That was a big puff off the pipe for ya. Huh?. :biggrin: I am about to go get in a long needed NSX drive. :smile: :smile:

Looks good especially the inserts.
Slightly off topic, is your avatar sim of what your flying now?

Yes the avtar is a Next Generation Boeing 737-700. It and the 300/500 series are my current "daily driver" for SWA. It has a really kewl heads up display.

737-700_cockpit_HUD.jpg

BTW: I still like my NSX better even though it can't do mach .79 :biggrin:

Thanks!

How nice an office with a HUD:biggrin: (... and FMS,TCAS, ND etc... how many people can say that!)
Yup, I believe Leatherseats.com is the way to go for refreshing the interior seats. Thought of getting seats from them, but had the same concern of installation... I also like the look of that 'NSX' stitched headrest

Back