• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NEW SEIBON wing install

I just bought a new carbon fiber Seibon R type wing. So far I have removed my original nuts and washers. Then I tried to remove the OEM wing. It doesn't budge. I only want to do this once. Any help from someone who has been down this road will be MUCH appreciated!!! It is a 1996. Black. THANKS...

I just bought a new carbon fiber Seibon R type wing. So far I have removed my original nuts and washers. Then I tried to remove the OEM wing. It doesn't budge. I only want to do this once. Any help from someone who has been down this road will be MUCH appreciated!!! It is a 1996. Black. THANKS...

The base of each side of the OEM wing is held on with 3 squares of double sided adhesive. you may need to place a towel down on the trunk lid and use a plastic trim removal tool to wedge between the base of the wing and the trunk lid and gently pry. Or just go for fishing line or dental floss.

Last edited:
THANKS, I got it off only to discover a 4" crack in the clear coat. So now I have to go around and around with the seller. It never ends...

Last edited:
Back