• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Shoes-Advan RGD

The wheels look great but it feels like your missing something on the body. Doesn't feel proportional. I think every nsx owner has certain angles when viewing the car, he likes or dislikes. Your old rims according to the profile picture showed a lot of attention, which brought the eye from looking at the big picture. Since you have a simpler rim, people will look at the hole. My advice is to lower, front lip, side skirts, 02+ rear valance. Sometimes people misjudge the engineering that went behind the nsx. I'm a strong proponent on the theory that if you change one exterior feature of your car then there's a hell lot more to do than just that.

Attachments

• images-2.jpeg
    images-2.jpeg
    10.4 KB · Views: 521
Thanks for the replies. They are 17-18, I think the deep dish does make them look a little smaller. I like the fact that it gives the car a very clean look. The car actually is lowered and has the 02 rear valence, the side skirts are a good idea and my next project. I took the pictures when it was really gloomy outside and I think the lighting did a little injustice to the overall look of the wheels, If the sun decides to show up again in the next few days I'll shoot a couple more shots.

The wheels do look small on the car due to the lip which is common, but do not let that discourage you. It's your car and you can do whatever you want to it.

Mike, your wheels look great. Id say a big improvement over your last set and i'll bet you saved some weight as well. Congrats. I've got to come by and check out your car one of these days.

Thanks Brandon, you are welcome to come over any time, the more I look at the wheels the happier I am that I made the change. Can't wait to see yours when it's all done.

Everytime I see these wheels I want them even more. Seeing the pics online doesnt do these wheels justice, they looked amazing in person at SEMA!

Finally got them installed...Hyper Silver on Silverstone. :biggrin:

Sorry for the overexposure, It's sunny here in SoCal and I shot the pics quickly.

IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1798.jpg

IMG_1800.jpg

IMG_1801.jpg

Nice- I'm the biggest Advan fanboy ever!

Warning) Prepare for people telling you to lower your ride or upgrade those puny brakes:biggrin:

Finally got them installed...Hyper Silver on Silverstone. :biggrin:

Sorry for the overexposure, It's sunny here in SoCal and I shot the pics quickly.

IMG_1800.jpg

Very nice!

BTW - noticed in the background your other wheel standing up - MAJOR no-no...

Thanks for the always observant tip! :biggrin:

No worries though, the one standing up is up against the one lying down. It's just up to drain, I had to wash the brake dust from the track off those wheels. :wink:

Why do these wheels make the back tire look so dinky?

Back