• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New solutions for: Clutch, rear brakes

Some of you may know me as the german driver of the partialy race prepped magnum grey pearl (dark brown) car with No 20 in the Europe NSX and Honda Sportscar Club.
Together with the mechanic that prepares my car and Sachs Racing Germany we developped and tested a custom made competition clutch for the NA2 type (3.2 ltr, single disc clutch) after some disappointments with the stock clutch and various aftermarket clutches from the U.S. It's using a light flywheel with bolted ring I already had from Comptech. The costs are way below the stock clutch prices or imported clutches with freight, tax etc.
Pros: No more slipping when accelerating, lasts much longer under racing conditions, gives better acceleration due to the light flywheel, if clutch is worn you can keep the flywheel by just changing the bolted ring (stock flywheel costs about 2.000 Euro, for that amount you get the whole Sachs clutch).
Cons: Launching and slow driving in everyday traffic is more difficult due to lighter Flywheel and and "digital" grip (zero or full engaged). Not recommended for traffic jams ;-)

After testing it one season in my race only car we can make that available to other NSXers (you should already have or buy a bolted flywheel)
If you want more info, mailto: [email protected]

Rear brakes: After more than 4 years with the Porsche 993 turbo brakes by mov'it as my front brakes I was still annoyed by the stock rear brakes (wear, price for pads, discs). During the winter my mechanic will convert a Porsche brake (most likely from the Boxster S) to a Honda NSX rear brake. It is not recommended to use a bigger brake (like the GT 3 setup) because it would "overbrake" the rear. The biggest problem with Porsche brakes as NSX rear brakes is the hand brake. If you just change the rear brakes you will have no more handbrake. Our solution: We use all 4 pistons of the caliper as handbrake by just modifying it from mechanic to hydraulic - so our handbrake would be another brake "pedal".

You will see this setup in my car next year at various events (NSX club and SAR) where I test the function and brake bias. If you're interested: The estimated price with all material and work would be under 2.500 Euro for the prototype and in the 2.000 Euro region when other users will buy this solution.

Hi Wolfgang,

Welcome to the Euro forums on NSXPRIME.
This must be you then..............

(sorry for poor image guality, that was me old camera)
LDR001.jpg

2nd solution for rear brakes: Mov'it just told me that they can build a rear brake for the NSX too. It's the same disc as the mov'it front brake (322 mm from the Porsche 993 turbo) but another caliper (with four smaller pistons). For the handbrake there will be a 2nd little caliper (mechanic, not hydraulic, so the change ist not so big as in 1st solution). Price: 2.800 Euro plus tax.

Futher info you'll get from Mr. Wolf, tel. +49-7841-668771, fax +49-7841-668771.
Please mention my name as the source of your info because it is not published on the mov'it website. If you're a member of the NSX-club you'll maybe get a lower price.

Back