• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New ssr professor sp3 wheels!!!

I found these on SSR blogs site not even sure if they are being sold yet.:biggrin:

Attachments

• o0800060010374348022.jpg
    o0800060010374348022.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 2,224
  • o0800060010374348028.jpg
    o0800060010374348028.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 812
Last edited:
they been on sale for while now, i have a friend who works at ssr, nice wheels :smile:

Those wheels are unbelievable. Probably one of the hottest looking wheels I have seen in a long time. Wonder what finsih that is. Dosent look like the all black was an option on the website. Frank

Those wheels are unbelievable. Probably one of the hottest looking wheels I have seen in a long time. Wonder what finsih that is. Dosent look like the all black was an option on the website. Frank
+1000. Frank has good taste. Sick wheels indeed!:wink:

Has anyone ordered a set of these yet? I'm in the market for a new set of wheels and am interested in ordering a BBK-friendly 18/19" set. Can any of the vendors on here order these for me?

sorry for the bringing this thread back but i can´t find anywhere how these would look on the nsx.....would anyone be so kind to photoshop them

please :biggrin:

I think you meant to say that the Blitz 01 are "reverse lips". The SSRs are a "step lip".

I must say you do know your wheels,I have a set of blitz 03 and they are described as a reverse setting:confused: I guess they mean lip...what the hell does that signify?

I must say you do know your wheels,I have a set of blitz 03 and they are described as a reverse setting:confused: I guess they mean lip...what the hell does that signify?

Reverse lip means the "drop" is in back , the tire goes on from the back. Step lip is the "regular lip" the tire is mounted from the front , the reverse lip allows for a larger diameter face and also gives illusion of a fatter lip , it is also weaker.

Similar to Blitz Type 01. I liked that look.

They are sort of half way between the blitz type-01 and technospeed Z1 , I have a set of both - maybe I can mate them...

Some reading material for Reverse vs. Step lips....

http://www.jlinewheels.com/about.html

Yes, thank you eraxpres.

I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, that the wheel barrel is actually the same on both the "stepped lip" and the "reverse lip" (as the barrel is flat on one side and "stepped" on the other side). The only difference between the two is the direction the "wheel face" is mounted (on a 3pc wheel) or welded (on a 2pc wheel) to the barrel.

To clarify:
Stepped Lip (notice it's flat in the back, behind the spokes)
6SL2_final.jpg

Reversed Lip (aka Flat Lip) (notice the "step" in the back)
6RL2_-final.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, thank you eraxpres.

I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, that the wheel barrel is actually the same on both the "stepped lip" and the "reverse lip" (as the barrel is flat on one side and "stepped" on the other side). The only difference between the two is the direction the "wheel face" is mounted (on a 3pc wheel) or welded (on a 2pc wheel) to the barrel.

exactly correct. also, the lower the offset, the deeper the face is mounted in the barrel (dead center of the barrel being zero (0) offset).

Yes, thank you eraxpres.

This is not correct.

For example, the SSR SP3 is a 3 piece wheel with a step lip. It's a step lip because of the design of the outer rim half. The 'step' at the outer edge of the rim makes it a step lip. To make it a reverse lip wheel, you'd have to redesign a new inner and outer half as well as a new bigger wheel face. The 'step' would not move behind the wheel face, it would be removed entirely because of how the wheel needs to bolt together. BTW, one of the big issues not already mentioned with reverse lip 3 piece wheels is that they can retain water in the inner barrel in heavy rain and cause severe driveability issues due to the design of the inner rim half.

For 1 and 2 piece wheels, a reverse lip wheel will have a different barrel and center than a step lip version of the same wheel.

The J Line pictures actually show two different barrel designs and centers. The step lip wheel looks like the center is mounted behind the bump (drop center) but it is actually a smaller center mounted on top of it. The reverse lip just shows a wheel with a high offset.

One last thing, the center on 2 and 3 piece wheels are bolted to the rim. The difference is that the barrel of 3 piece wheels are 2 pieces bonded and bolted together with the face while the barrel of 2 piece wheels is a 1 piece rim/barrel bolted to the face.

Well W you guys just jacked me up with that last explanation:frown: Now more confused:redface:

Well W you guys just jacked me up with that last explanation:frown: Now more confused:redface:

Below are 3 pictures of reverse lip wheels. Notice that the lips are flat all the way to the spokes and that the outer rim halves (in front of the spokes) have larger diameters than the inner rim halves (behind the spokes). The larger diameter is very evident in the first picture but hard to see in the second and third. Because of this larger diameter, you can basically use an 18" wheel face from a step lip wheel on a 17" reverse lip wheel. But also because of the larger outer rim diameter of the reverse lip wheel, you would mount a tire with the wheel face downwards (reverse mounting). I suspect you do this because you want to set the bead with the tire inside of the inner and outer safety humps and it would be quicker and easier to do this with the wheel faced downwards. With it faced upwards, you'd basically have to break the bead twice (over the outside safety hump) during the initial phase of getting the tires on the rims, then set the bead as usual.

Reverse_1.jpg

Reverse_2.jpg

Reverse_3.jpg

Here are 2 pictures of step lip wheels. Notice that there is a step in the lips (ignore the outer rim guard) and that the outer rim half (in front of the spokes) has a smaller diameter than that of a reverse lip.

Step_1.jpg

Step_2.jpg

thanks, and all along I thought reverse setting meant that the hub mounts were posterior or behind the center line of the wheel or midline of the barrel so to speak :redface:

thanks, and all along I thought reverse setting meant that the hub mounts were posterior or behind the center line of the wheel or midline of the barrel so to speak :redface:

No problem.

And just to clarify something stated above with Blitz Type 01 wheels. The 3 piece CX is a reverse lip while the regular 2 piece is a step lip with the face mounted right at the edge of the step so it looks like a reverse lip. I prefer the looks of the 2 piece Type 01's.

Back