• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

New to the NSX world

Hello hello my name is Austin I have been floating around on hear for a bit but never introduced myself I don't spend a whole lot of time on line but I'm on when I can. I just bought my first NSX in LA and cant wate to get my hands on it, never drivin it yet I had trusted family members test drive and had the car looked over ect ect. I'm from northern MN but I have allot of family all over CA and I will be living in the San Diego Pasadena and Tusten area off and on for awhile this summer and I'm looking forward to getting to know people in the NSX community and some of the activity's and what not.

I come from a long line of car enthusiast in my family and I have owned a huge veriety of cars for a guy that just has a reguler job and lives out in the middle of nowhear lol.

1991 bone stock (not for long) red/black 5spd 76k miles, not going to get to crazy this year just exhaust, wheels, a few cosmetic things and that's about it for now.

securedownload.jpg

securedownload-8.jpg

Wow, looks sweet! Welcome. I would also put a front chin spoiler back on, it looks kind of naked without one. You could go with the stock one for a little over $100 or get an aftermarket lip.

Congrats!

Hello hello my name is Austin I have been floating around on hear for a bit but never introduced myself I don't spend a whole lot of time on line but I'm on when I can. I just bought my first NSX in LA and cant wate to get my hands on it, never drivin it yet I had trusted family members test drive and had the car looked over ect ect. I'm from northern MN but I have allot of family all over CA and I will be living in the San Diego Pasadena and Tusten area off and on for awhile this summer and I'm looking forward to getting to know people in the NSX community and some of the activity's and what not.

I come from a long line of car enthusiast in my family and I have owned a huge veriety of cars for a guy that just has a reguler job and lives out in the middle of nowhear lol.

1991 bone stock (not for long) red/black 5spd 76k miles, not going to get to crazy this year just exhaust, wheels, a few cosmetic things and that's about it for now.

securedownload.jpg

securedownload-8.jpg

Ok I have to laugh at that last line you wrote. If I had a dollar for everytime I said that.:tongue:

The only mods we did to our red '92 were 17/18" wheels, full exhaust and Bilsteins since the original shocks were 17 years old.

I think all were improvements from stock, the car is lighter and more responsive now.....and with the stock springs on the Bilsteins' lower perch has a more sports-car-appropriate stance.
Honda really did get this car right, right off the showroom floor, so I think it's important to at least not mess that up :cool:

Brian

Welcome and Congrats :)

I agree with daividf... its pretty tough not to get bit by the mod bug. There are so many great products out there to spend your hard earned bucks on.

What wheels & exhaust? The options are plentiful. Hopefully something lightweight. The factory wheels are pretty light. The weight you save with the exhaust would be negated by a lot of wheel setups.

Enjoy yourself!

Thanks all yea I for sure know what you mean about spending to much I had that problem with several of my other cars, but as of now I not to worried for this year cuss after buying the car and building my house out of pocket I simply ran out of cash to spend on it lol. I went with Enkei RPO3 18x8 19x10 I bought from Angus I just absolutely love the way those wheels look on the NSX and exhaust I'm thinking ether magnaflow or comptech. Other mods that just takes good old manual labor and time (polishing, sand blasting & powder coating ect) I will do threw out the year but nothing big until this winter I do have a small list building up that I will be doing :)

.......Austin

Congrats! You'll love it. I'm still not an owner and probably a couple more years off till I get one, but I've been in a few and there is nothing better in the world than an NSX. Be sure to spend some time going over the vehicle. Make sure all the rubber and seals are in good shape. If not, pick up factory replacements and get started. Put in clean fresh fluids throughout and it's as good as new.

Congrats on your purchase!! Don't know how long you've been on this site but as a new owner, you may want to check out the NSX Wiki (off the red action bar at the top of most pages) which has lot of great information on a wide variety of NSX topics.
Enjoy.

Back