• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

NEW WHEELS!!!!! What do you think?

NEW BBS WHEELS!!!!! What do you think?

Seems like it was never going to happen but I finally got the new wheels! BBS RG-R's:
17x8 et40 fronts +(5mm spacer)
18x9 et42 rears +(2mm spacer)

Thanks to Tom at RP Motorsoprts for the wheels/tires and the spacers to make it all work!

5115IMG_1074-med.JPG

5115IMG_1083-med.JPG

Last edited:
Looks nice. Are these the RG-R's? My friend was thinking of selling his RX's which look very similar.

Yes, I noticed that as well but not sure how to do it? The same pictures can be found in my member gallery and look 100x better. Any tips?

thumbs up!

hmmm... Very nice wheels, I was curious how silver finish mesh BBS's would look on a black NSX. BBS always fascinates me on performance oriented cars (ie. Zanardi Edition NSX, first gen. Infiniti Q45, E46 M3). :cool:

What brand & size of rotors do you have on your NSX? (I assume your calipers are stock)
:confused:

Looks great

Looks great! Those are some very nice, high-quality wheels.
RACERnsX said:
Yes, I noticed that as well but not sure how to do it? The same pictures can be found in my member gallery and look 100x better. Any tips?
If you have already uploaded pictures to your gallery, you can link directly to it. When you view a picture in your gallery, you will see fields like Date, Filesize, Dimensions, etc. below the picture. Copy and paste the value of the UBBCode field into your post to show the picture.

For example, the UBBCode for the two pictures looks like:

[<span>img</span>]http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/500/5115IMG_1074-med.JPG[<span>/img</span>]
[<span>img</span>]http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/500/5115IMG_1083-med.JPG[<span>/img</span>]

When you paste it into your post, you will see the pictures:

5115IMG_1074-med.JPG

5115IMG_1083-med.JPG

Re: thumbs up!

Osiris_x11 said:
hmmm... Very nice wheels, I was curious how silver finish mesh BBS's would look on a black NSX. BBS always fascinates me on performance oriented cars (ie. Zanardi Edition NSX, first gen. Infiniti Q45, E46 M3). :cool:

What brand & size of rotors do you have on your NSX? (I assume your calipers are stock)
:confused:

I looked for someone who had the black/silver RG-R combo before I took the plunge but could never find it. I just decided to take a chance and I am very glad I did. Sorry about the crappy resolution, it doesn't do them justice but I'll try to re-post with better pics tonight. Yes, my calipers are OEM, the rotors are OEM size made by Bradi.

Re: Looks great

Ojas said:
Looks great! Those are some very nice, high-quality wheels.If you have already uploaded pictures to your gallery, you can link directly to it. When you view a picture in your gallery, you will see fields like Date, Filesize, Dimensions, etc. below the picture. Copy and paste the value of the UBBCode field into your post to show the picture.

[<span>img</span>]http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/500/5115IMG_1074-med.JPG[<span>/img</span>]
[<span>img</span>]http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/500/5115IMG_1083-med.JPG[<span>/img</span>]

I tried that but got an "upload error" message....Img]:

Re: Looks great

Ojas said:
Looks great! Those are some very nice, high-quality wheels.If you have already uploaded pictures to your gallery, you can link directly to it. When you view a picture in your gallery, you will see fields like Date, Filesize, Dimensions, etc. below the picture. Copy and paste the value of the UBBCode field into your post to show the picture.

5115IMG_1074-med.JPG

5115IMG_1083-med.JPG

There we go......thanks Ojas!

TrustJDM said:
Looks nice. Are these the RG-R's? My friend was thinking of selling his RX's which look very similar.

Thanks! Yes they are RG-R's. They do look very close to the RX's but I found it easier to get the right fitment for the NSX with the RG-R's. I also looked at seemingly every other mesh wheel (ADR M-Sport, ASA AR1, Enkei Aegis, Racing Hart C2,3 & 4, Work Termist and on, and on) but just kept coming back to the RG-R's. I think I was influenced by Honda's decision to use BBS for the Zanardi's so I figured it was a good choice for me. Also, the RG-R's have the same number of "spokes" as the Zanardi BBS.

emdoller said:
Very nice!! What size tires? Any rubbing?

Thanks! The tires are Yokohama ES100's....215-40-17 & 265-35-18. No rubbing as far as I can tell but I haven't had a chance to visit the local twisties yet :wink:

As a fellow Black NSX owner thinking about wheels, I thank you.

Those look great. I love the BBS wheel and I love the way they look on the car.

Congrat's.

BTW - is your car the stock height?

Da Hapa said:
As a fellow Black NSX owner thinking about wheels, I thank you.

Those look great. I love the BBS wheel and I love the way they look on the car.

Congrat's.

BTW - is your car the stock height?
Glad to help! Yes, I am using stock shocks/suspension.

Last edited:
nsxhk said:
The color is kinda off, you sure those are RG-R?

Henry.

I agree. The RG-R's have a gunmetal/smoky finish on them similar to Bmw M3 oem wheels, and the wheels originally posted have more of a silver finish. Maybe they are offering them in silver now ?

Those wheels look great on your NSX. I like the classic styling of the BBS wheels and the sexy lines of the NSX. A perfect match.

nsxhk said:

Henry.
The RGR now come in silver too. I remember the set that chicken low life thief Mark stole from you were in black chrome finish. I wonder what he did to them.
Steve

nsxhk said:

Henry.

Oh yes, I'm positive they are RG-R's...WhiteNSXs and Modernceo are correct, they are available in silver as well. If you go to Tirerack.com you'll see they offer them in silver, diamond black and gold with machined lip. I considered the diamond black but I wanted something that stood out a little more thinking the diamond black might not have been as noticeable with the black car.

Back