• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Z06 info

NsXMas said:
That price is still speculation. There's a lot of discussion about this on the Vette forums, and the one thing people seem to agree on is that it's just a rumor.

Doesn't sound like speculation to me. It does not say (est) infront of it. I think that is the price. I had heard it was a $30K option over a standard vette. It appears that is correct.

I actually wish GM would put more of a price gap between the C6 and the Z06. This way it would help seperate the performance guys from the men going through a mid-life crisis. :wink: I would respect the car (Z06) and its owners a bit more if it wasn't for the now current dime-a-dozen Z06 ownership. You never know who you will run into a "punk" or an "enthusiast" I know it will not be a cure-all, but would give a little prestige to the C6 Z06 and its owners. JMO

T Bell said:
I actually wish GM would put more of a price gap between the C6 and the Z06. This way it would help seperate the performance guys from the men going through a mid-life crisis. :wink: I would respect the car (Z06) and its owners a bit more if it wasn't for the now current dime-a-dozen Z06 ownership. You never know who you will run into a "punk" or an "enthusiast" I know it will not be a cure-all, but would give a little prestige to the C6 Z06 and its owners. JMO

well said I agree 100%. I liked it better when the old ZR-1 Vette costed about 20k more than the standard vette, so the only people you'd see driving them were true enthusiasts.

T Bell said:

Although I agree with the sentiment, it may not always be the case.
Saw a CL65 AMG the other day, and based on the person's driving, he was clearly a punk with too much disposable income, versus a car enthusiast feeding his craving.

Would've rolled down the windows and given him the thumbs up had he not been cutting off so many people on the service road! :mad:

Anyway I think this argument would definately hold more water for a car like the vette though, so I do agree with you.

92NSX said:
I am seriously considering trading the NSX in for one. :eek:

Ditto.

btw, I don't think $75k is alot for 3100 lbs, AND 500 HP :eek: :eek:

The only cars that compete with it are Ford GT, F430, S7, CGT, ENZO. notice I didn't put the viper on that list. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Motortrend_Z06_6.jpg

Some more data

Looking at the list, it is an incredible bang for the buck. No question. Personally, I would rather have a slightly used Viper over a Z06. But I have not driven either, so my opinion could change. I just think a Viper is much more exotic than a Z06 -- especially when most people will just think it is a normal vette.

And why did they leave the NSX off the list! I mean, it only has 210 less HP than the weakest car there! :biggrin:

T Bell said:

To further gap the difference between the C6 and Z06, I wish they would give the Z06 a different skin as well, or some adjustments at least. You have got to respect those numbers. :eek:

jlindy said:
To further gap the difference between the C6 and Z06, I wish they would give the Z06 a different skin as well, or some adjustments at least. You have got to respect those numbers. :eek:
the body is different it is just subtle. like the M series BMW's.
i have a feeling these will be collector's items some day.
75K seems like a lot for a chevy but if you were paying in Euros it would seem more like 33K.

92NSX said:
The NSX is a lot more rare and beautiful than the vette.

The C6 Z06 is a great value, no doubt about it. However, it will be very common, in comparison to the NSX. The exotic halo of the NSX will be something that is very special.

Tonight when I went to a car show, there were a few vettes. Very few people walked over to look at the vettes, whereas quite a few people came over to see the NSX.

So don't trade in the NSX, keep it and buy a Z06 as a DD! :tongue:

vettes quality has improved considerably. I think if we played 'what if', the vette, based upon performance, would be an exotic. IF they werent mass producing the damn things. The vettes numbers are incredible, but the commonality of the car diminishes the 'value' as something special.

NsXMas said:
The NSX is a lot more rare and beautiful than the vette.

The C6 Z06 is a great value, no doubt about it. However, it will be very common, in comparison to the NSX. The exotic halo of the NSX will be something that is very special.

Tonight when I went to a car show, there were a few vettes. Very few people walked over to look at the vettes, whereas quite a few people came over to see the NSX.

So don't trade in the NSX, keep it and buy a Z06 as a DD! :tongue:

Good points.
The beauty is in the eye of the beholder though.
I already have a couple of other cars for daily drivers so that won't work.
No doubt the NSX is special, then again those #'s for the ZO6 are too. :biggrin:

I agree. Those #'s are incredible. I look forward to seeing some real tests of the car. Anyone know how many they are making of the Z06? If they kept it to like 2500, they would be pretty cool.

NetViper said:
Anyone know how many they are making of the Z06?

I doubt they will limit sales of the Z06. However, the C5 z06 which retails for $56k($43.5k for new 2004 right now) averaged 8000 sales/yr. If the price goes up to $70+k that by itself should limit the teenage fan boys, and college kids getting one. The C6-Z51 becomes tempting to that crowd. They will probably buy a C6 and "pimp" it with z06 badges. That should mean less sales.

I have to say that I don't know much about Corvette, so far I liked what I have seen!!

gone is the stupid looking GM Corporate 80's 4 spoke steering wheel. They ditch targa for more rigidity. Glass hatch is a lot more sexier (people won't mistake it as an nsx anymore), even the C5 I like the hatch back much more than the coupe.

I don't understand that how they keep the weight down with conventional structure and designs and the Big 7L V8 and maintaining the 3100 lbs. What are those Ford Engineers doing then (GT40)??

NSXDreamer2,

I too noticed the steering wheel at first. Bye-bye Malibu wheel and hello 3-spoke. Also, it is refreshing to see that they kept it relatively lightweight compared to the Ford Gt and viper. I believe the Corvette engine, though it displaces a big 7L is also lightweight. I think I read somewhere that it is even lighter than an M3 engine. (don't quote me on that)

Back