• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

news tires for NSX from 1991 in France

Hi everybody, I need to change the 4 tires of my nsx (they are 20 years old....).
I have the original wheels.
could you please indicate me which tires can replace the original yokohama (205/50 ZR15 front and 225/50 ZR16 rear) (best compromise between price/performance)?

Hi everybody, I need to change the 4 tires of my nsx (they are 20 years old....).
I have the original wheels.
could you please indicate me which tires can replace the original yokohama (205/50 ZR15 front and 225/50 ZR16 rear) (best compromise between price/performance)?

It depends on what you want to do with the car and whether you do a lot of driving in the rain. Probably the closest replacement for the original Yokohama AO22 tires is the Yokohama Advan Neova AD-08R. It has a similar combination of stiff sidewall and super-soft rubber compound to the AO22. It also has much better wet performance than the original tire. If you're not driving on the racing circuit, the Continental Extreme Contact Sport is a great all-around option and the tread will last longer. Both of these tires are available in the original 1991 sizes.

I think 150 mph rating is sufficient for most of us lol...

This. If you can coax an AT 91 NSX to 150 mph during normal street driving, then you are doing quite well. :)

The AD-08R tires will be just fine.

Problem is car will fail annual MOT in many countries in Europe... not sure in France though...

That is interesting.

The AD08 R was going to be my first recommendation.

Maybe try out the Falken Azenis RT660, instead? They are W rated.
Just picked up a set for my Civic and AD08 Rs for the NSX.

That is interesting.

The AD08 R was going to be my first recommendation.

Maybe try out the Falken Azenis RT660, instead? They are W rated.
Just picked up a set for my Civic and AD08 Rs for the NSX.

i think Falken Azenis RT660 is only for american market (not european)

i think Falken Azenis RT660 is only for american market (not european)

I would go with the Continental Extreme Contact Sport then- it is W-speed rated in your sizes. You'll be really happy with it.

Thanks Honch. I just order Yokohama Advan Neova AD08RS :redface: Roughly, in France, including shipping it is 420 EUR for the 4 tires.
and I will respray the wheels in the same time.

Thanks Honch. I just order Yokohama Advan Neova AD08RS :redface: Roughly, in France, including shipping it is 420 EUR for the 4 tires.
and I will respray the wheels in the same time.

Wow- that is a very good price! You will love them.

Back