• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Next Gen NSX

Since nobody has started a thread yet, what do you all think about the Next gen Pic Lud posted on the front page?

I think it looks pretty wild. Not near as conservative as the current NSX. Also, the 400 HP V8 is going to be amazing!

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

What makes it truly sad is that IS what the next-gen SHOULD look like if Honda plans on continuing to market the NSX as exotic.

Can anyone guess what that car actually is? Looks like a jaguar XJR-15 to me.

------------------
G Dummy~

Faster than stock.
:D :D :D

http://sacramento.nsxca.org/Events/thunderhill_driving_school_4-02.htm

I hope the 2nd Gen isn't an April Fools Joke. That would be cruel. If it isn't, I'll be in line to buy the next gen.

I hate April Fools. This was truly the first next-gen NSX design that even my hyper-critical eye finds appealing. Oh well.

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 01 April 2002).]

Kinda looks like the Jag XJ220. Not that Im complaining.

This had better not be an April FOols joke. (Deep inside, I think it is, but not so sure)

The more I think about it, the more I believe its a fake. I would expect the next gen NSX to have styling cues from the DN-X.

I also like the 2nd Gen pics, but its too good to be true. Honda is too tight lipped to let out something this big.

I don't believe *anything* I read on April 1
smile.gif
. I love this day!

-Bob

Geez.. I didn't even think about it being April 1. I hope that wasn't a joke.

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Check out the rest of the stuff on the NSXprime home page...

I already did and called Comptech for the oil cap. I sincerely hope they were "in" on the joke - I don't want to waste those people's time (wasting my own was bad enough). I'm big enough to face the fact that I fell for the joke but they shouldn't be dragged into it.

P.S. If they were in on it - Good Job Lud!
smile.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

I haven't seen the home page for a while since I usually go straight to forums. That car looks incredible.

Maybe it will turn up true

[This message has been edited by Sig (edited 01 April 2002).]

HA! Check out the prank I pulled on the office today. The whole place is in coniptions!
biggrin.gif

Due to the current outbreak of malicious viruses causing system downtime, a new set of security guidlines
are being put in place.

First of all, all network drives will be cleaned of excess files that are not business related. Music files, pictures,
and all other miscellaneous, will be deleted from the system by the end of business day today.

Second, access to all Internet sites will be severely restricted. All outside email accounts will be blocked
and access to Aon and other business related sites will only be allowed. Efforts to monitor all Internet access will be
stepped up and a detailed log will be kept.

Finally, for additional security purposes, desktop content will be restricted as well. The new Windows 2000 system
allows for complete control of user desktops. Any additional games, programs, music players, etc will be blocked
from functioning and only company applications will work.

These are just a few of many initiatives being taken to help protect our systems from further virus infection.
Full details are in a document entitled NEW SECURITY GUIDELINES.doc which is available to all on the
Shared drive. Please view the document first today for details before coming to me with any questions or concerns.
Thank you

The Doc says APRIL FOOLS! AHAHAHA!!! in huge red letters.
biggrin.gif
Really had some people sweating throughout the office...
just thought I would share

Personally, I don't think it looks bad, considering it is a late 80s (!!!) design. 1989 - is that right?!? Wow.

[This message has been edited by Ojas (edited 01 April 2002).]

I remember when the NSX first came out. Some car magazines called it the best sports car ever built. I still love the way it looks. If Honda's second generation NSX looks like the pictures I've seen and give a V8, it will be an awesome automobile. Not that it isn't already.

------------------
2001 Honda Spa Yellow Pearl S2000

Back