• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Next McLaren Supercar.

McLaren Automotive To Make International Motor Show Premiere In Paris
  • British sportscar manufacturer to make international motor show debut
  • Next exciting chapter of the brand to be unveiled at 17.45 CEST (16.45 BST), on Thursday 27 September
  • Keep up-to-date with McLaren Automotive ahead of the Paris Motorshow via Facebook and Twitter
The next exciting chapter for McLaren Automotive will begin in Paris later this month, when the British sportscar company makes its international motor show debut. McLaren Automotive will use this stage to showcase future plans, and unveil to the world its strategy to fast forward the world of automotive at a press conference commencing at 17.45 CEST (16.45 BST), on Thursday 27 September.

MclarenF1.jpg

MclarenF12.jpg

I am hoping they keep it NA, but it sounds like it will be a twin turbo like the current car just with more boost. Can you truly have an F1 successor if it doesn't have three seats?

Is this car going to be in production along with the MP4-12C? I can't imagine them replacing it so soon.

Chris

It is just going to be another model. The high-end one. Like lambo has gallardo and aventador.

I am hoping they keep it NA, but it sounds like it will be a twin turbo like the current car just with more boost. Can you truly have an F1 successor if it doesn't have three seats?

Notice neither I or McLaren called it that. I don't think any car will ever be an F1 successor. It was that far ahead of its time.

Last edited:
Notice neither I or McLaren called it that. I don't any car will ever be an F1 successor. It was that far ahead of its time.

No you didn't. I think Autoblog did yesterday.. either way, the car will be sweet.

They have got to get rid of that side window opening.....:mad:

The need to put the driving position back in the center if it were ever to be a F1 successor..

I don't think our regulators like the outboard passenger seats with the central driving position ...from what I recall F1 owners had to delete those seats to get the car to pass dot and state inspection.Of course that would stop me:biggrin:

But seriously... 627 normally aspirated horsepower and ~2600 lbs... How do you top that with all of the doodads that people "want" in cars today? I know technology is getting smaller, but cars have only been getting heavier over the last decade. Even Ferraris, and especially Lamborghinis are getting fat. The GT-R is no prom-queen either... if anything, she's the "big boned" sister.

Back