• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Next NSX in the new R&T

Hard to fathom, but it actually looks worse (by a LOT) than the already terrible ASCC. Wow.

I am suspicious of that photo. I don't think it's a running prototype that that website usually shows. I think it's just a photoshop of the ASCC - and that has been scrapped.

btw when is Tokyo? We should be seeing something....

I can't comprehend how AutoSpies could consider that an actual photo and pass it off as such. Do they really expect people to believe that's a photograph?

If so, my 5 year old takes better pics with her Hello Kitty digital.

If so, my 5 year old takes better pics with her Hello Kitty digital.

Dude, if she has the pics, have her post them up. :biggrin: :tongue:

We got some basic specs on the car this weekend at ALMS (you all already know them), but no photos.

From April 2006 Road & Track Mag

Read about it here:

http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=508825&news_item_id=508448

daa4f040.jpg

This is just another example of the infamous R&T photoimaging... a concept based on the show car.

They do that on every future car article they ever print. They used to note that it was a photo-illustration but now they don't even bother on most of them. They are just a bit trigger happy with their photoshop software.

(Sorry for overusing the word "they" in the above paragraph)

Just to stir the rumour pot:

At NSXPO on the weekend, there was a gentleman from the Acura California design studio sitting at dinner on Saturday night listening to NSX owners complain about the direction of the NSX replacement, and what we would like to see.

When the bitch fest was over, he quietly said, not to worry, you'll be happy with what is shown at Tokyo this month.

True story, but who knows what will make us happy.

What exactly was this gentleman thinking would make us happy? He must have been referring to the Nissan GT-R launch.

Man if all of these photos are anything to go by then start saving for that McLaren P11. The best looking sportscar I've seen next to the NSX!

What exactly was this gentleman thinking would make us happy? He must have been referring to the Nissan GT-R launch.

He wouldn't say anything directly. He just heard us complain about the design concept of the ASCC and told the table that "we would be happy".

If the GTR wasn't fugly, it would make me happy. The R8 does!:biggrin:

When the bitch fest was over, he quietly said, not to worry, you'll be happy with what is shown at Tokyo this month.

Hmm...nothing was shown so perhaps that's an indication of a new design/new direction/etc.

Frankly, I find myself wallowing in apathy about whichever direction the next NSX takes and not really caring about it's existence in reality or thought. In my mind, Honda has ceased being a competitive or even relevent player in any automotive category involving the word "sport."

He wouldn't say anything directly. He just heard us complain about the design concept of the ASCC and told the table that "we would be happy".

If the GTR wasn't fugly, it would make me happy. The R8 does!:biggrin:

According to your original post, he indicated that we would be happy with what is shown at the Tokyo Auto show - so I'm wondering what car he had in mind.

For what it's worth, I've been to a few NSXPO's starting with the very first one and have heard more empty promises from Honda/Acura employees.

Back