• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nice NSX aerokit

I would like to do my hood. I pefer the look of the scoop and mesh type over the louvered type. The louvered type seems to be able to retain the spare wheel (only the fuse box needs to be lowered an inch). An important consideration, in my book. I am trying to figure out how the louvered model hood looks without the louvers.

Like this?
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/JGTC_GT500-style_hoods/

cf_1.jpg

Cheers,
-- Chris

Originally posted by MAJOR STONER:
I pefer the look of the scoop and mesh type over the louvered type.
I prefer the dual-scooped (or louvered) hood over the OEM hood, which is relatively plain.

Prefer scoops to louvers, but WOULD like to have retained more front under-hood space. Not necessarily to store the collapsible spare tire, but to house other "secret mods".

That CF unit that SoS posted looks SHARP IMO. Is it available with black or silver mesh ??

I was over at the SoS site comparing hoods. I was considering asking Chris if he could glue some engine cover mesh onto the JGTC hood's openings.

Were these pics taken in Japan, cuz that car in the background of the bottom-most pic (with the diablo wheels) is definetly not A-spec, looks like a little mitsu or somethin, is it?

I like the skirts, the "scoops" (holes) aren't as big as the real scoops behind the doors, on some kits there's a huge gaping hole, which looks awful with the real one. The hood not bad but where did you think of those pins, looks tacky to me. The wing, it kicks, but aren't the exhaust pipes supposed to go in the huge ducts in the back? oh well, I'd pobably get it if it was for a show car, but for a regular drivers its too outrageous.

and one more thing, whats with the Honda badge on the front, that certinly doesn't add anythin, i think it takes away from the overall blending to the car

defently not the US of A proberly japan i'm guessing but the "H" would come on that car i figured everyone here would have known that!!??!!

Originally posted by smoore:
defently not the US of A proberly japan
JDM front fenders, "H" nose badge, and rear tail-lamps (amber turn signals, asymmetric reverse lamps and "H" center section). That front license plate mount is also more common in Japan.

AAAARRGH! You you got me obessin' about my hood. The Burn Up hood is starting to look better and better. Now I gotta make room for car parts in the garage. Anyone else lay in bed at 3AM thinking about hoods?

Originally posted by cojones:
Originally posted by MAJOR STONER:
I pefer the look of the scoop and mesh type over the louvered type.
I prefer the dual-scooped (or louvered) hood over the OEM hood, which is relatively plain.

Prefer scoops to louvers, but WOULD like to have retained more front under-hood space. Not necessarily to store the collapsible spare tire, but to house other "secret mods".

That CF unit that SoS posted looks SHARP IMO. Is it available with black or silver mesh ??

Manuel, that's a good idea. I'll look into it as an option, but it would also be very easy to do yourself.

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://sacramento.nsxca.org/Events/thunderhill_driving_school_4-02.htm

Originally posted by NickH:
Were these pics taken in Japan, cuz that car in the background of the bottom-most pic (with the diablo wheels) is definetly not A-spec, looks like a little mitsu or somethin, is it?

The picts were taken in Yokohama, Japan.

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://sacramento.nsxca.org/Events/thunderhill_driving_school_4-02.htm

Back to the rims for a second!
I too thought they were the OZ Chrono's, but the wheels on the red NSX has 5 lugnut holes, and the OZ Chrono's that I've seen pics of all have 10 lugnut holes, which I dont like the looks of!IMO...

What is the difference between the SORCERY and the BURNUP front end / bumper ?? They both look very similar.

IMO, both are better than the TAITEC one, and a stylish alternative to stock.

Can someone clarify, particularly with respect to:
- pricing and availability
- materials (and ease of prep/painting)
- ease of fitment
- weight
- ground clearance

------------------
Manuel C
www.geocities.com/mcantoria/mc-toys.html

sig-front-top-100h.jpg
sig-left-front-100h.jpg
sig-rear-100h.jpg

For track probably I will like it....for the street.....hell no! That looks disgusting for the street.......sorry but thats just my opinion. :cool:

People need to stop watching the fast and the furious........

I like the front bumper and hood very much. The bumper isn't too low and doesn't make the car look thick. To get a complete package I would go with Leacher's sideskirts and Taitec GT500 to get that JGTC look without widebody. Love those Lambo wheels too.

Back