• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nitrous System

Originally posted by Gerry Johnson:
Slicks? the car runs mid 11's with street tires @ 126mph babying the launch.

Just think what it could do on slicks
wink.gif

10 second NSX
biggrin.gif

------------------
2001 QuickSilver Corvette Coupe - Not Stock [503 RWHP, 545 RWTQ]

2002 Black Acura 3.2 TL/S

www.RacingFlix.com

Woo hoo!!! I want a ride in Gerry's car. That car is very very nice. As for 5inchfatlip's car, it's all taken care of, top and I believe bottom as well. My understanding is it also is a high-11 second car smoking tires in both 1st and 2nd. Now if only we could get some good launches from both cars. Then I guess we would quit hearing the "NSX vs (whatever car you want to put in here)" debate.

Wow this would be a very nice battle to watch
smile.gif
I remember seeing Gerry do a 11.9 a year ago Sacramento Raceway. It was a pretty sweet lookin ride.

Originally posted by Gerry Johnson:
Originally posted by 5inchfatlip:
Hey Gerry-
I'm not coming up north anytime, you coming down south?? =)
I just might take a special trip down south to one of the meetings at NSX Modified, would you be able to make one if given notice?

Lets make it a shootout and meet in the middle!

My NSX also has NOS as a power adder, but this car hasn’t been to the strip yet.

Have you ever dyno'ed with the turbo?
Sounds like a fast setup.

I would like to point out to everyone reading, that an engine is only as strong as it’s weakest link. If it’s going to break at a specific HP, it doesn’t matter which power adder is used to get to that HP level. One might derive the maximum HP by viewing this news group for the maximum HP with any power adder, like the new Bosch SC.

I would also like to point out that the peak HP isn’t the only key to good ET’s, (besides traction, and shifting). If a turbo NSX is making 450 hp, but ramps from 100 hp at 3000 rpm.
Vs. a NOS NSX that only makes 400 hp (or even 450), but ramps from 250 hp at 3000 rpm, The NOS has the advantage, with the higher average HP.

Also believe it or not… (If you have the right suspension/hook) the higher low-end torque/hp will keep the tires loaded better for faster 0 to 60 ft times.

I had a 150 shot, and with BFGoodrich drag radials ran a 10.90 at 126. I have driven Gerry's car and it felt faster than mine did. IMO I think his car would run mid 10's with slicks. I hope it is taped so I can see the results.

Originally posted by nsxlover:
I had a 150 shot, and with BFGoodrich drag radials ran a 10.90 at 126. I have driven Gerry's car and it felt faster than mine did. IMO I think his car would run mid 10's with slicks. I hope it is taped so I can see the results.

10.90’s… Damn! What size slick? Suspension? Other mods?

My intention was to put slicks on my stock rims, Adjustable shocks, disconnect the sway bars, and weight if needed.

10.90’s… Damn, I get near 25 miles to the gallon, and drive it every day.

255 50 16 BF Goodrich Drag radials with the rear sway bar disconnected. Have you done any internal engine mods? If not running a 150 shot is kind of in the gray area. I would be careful. I had an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to boost the fuel pressure to 50 at idle and 75 in VTEC. I kicked in the NOS at about 4500 in 1st gear and left it on until the end of the quarter mile. They threw me off the track after only one run because I don't have a roll cage. I am going to be running a Twin turbo with a 100 shot of NOS, maybe even back to a 150. I am going to see how much hp the car can handle. I am getting all the internal engine mods done right now. Hope to have it back soon. Will let you know how it feels running 12 lbs of boost with the NOS also. Do you have a direct port?

255 50 16 BF Goodrich Drag radials with the rear sway bar disconnected. Have you done any internal engine mods? If not running a 150 shot is kind of in the gray area. I would be careful. I had an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to boost the fuel pressure to 50 at idle and 75 in VTEC. I kicked in the NOS at about 4500 in 1st gear and left it on until the end of the quarter mile. They threw me off the track after only one run because I don't have a roll cage. I am going to be running a Twin turbo with a 100 shot of NOS, maybe even back to a 150. I am going to see how much hp the car can handle. I am getting all the internal engine mods done right now. Hope to have it back soon. Will let you know how it feels running 12 lbs of boost with the NOS also. Do you have a direct port?

Damn, 150 shot on stock internals? What type of setup do you have, and who did the install. 10.9, Very impressive!

[This message has been edited by Syonara (edited 21 October 2002).]

It was on stock internals, thus is why it is at Gerry's shop getting rebuilt. 150 on stock internals was too much. I had a local shop called Westminster Speed do the install. I got the bottle warmer, remote opener, full throttle switch and fuel pressure cut off switch. If you go that high you need to have all the safety features. I would not recommend anything over 125 on stock internals. Badcarma is very knowledgable on NOS. If you have any questions I would ask him. I raised the fuel pressure so I could hit the nitrous at lower RPM's. I felt comfortable using it as low as 3000RPM's.

I raised the fuel pressure so I could hit the nitrous at lower RPM's. I felt comfortable using it as low as 3000RPM's.[/B]

The higher pressure for lower RPM is good information; I have been trouble shooting that problem for a while. I assumed my problem was timing related. Andrew at Real Time Racing told me that the only weak links in your stock engine, are the pistons and most important the main caps. The pistons I’m sure your already changing, for the turbo, But the main caps he had to make him self.

Back