• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NJ Painter Needed

I just bought a CF hood and was wondering if anyone knows of a good shop in NJ/PA which can re-clear coat it. I was thinking of a custom job which involves some tint... If nothing comes to mind, how would I go about looking for a good painter?

If you don't want to travel up to Poughkeepise NY where member PBassJo applies his trade, locally I would recommend three places. 1) Allentown (NJ) Autobody 2) Calhoun's on Rt 518 in Rocky Hill or 3) Ultimate Collision in Edison. I don't know their skill set with CF work, but I can say I trust them to do a quality job.

If you don't want to travel up to Poughkeepise NY where member PBassJo applies his trade, locally I would recommend three places. 1) Allentown (NJ) Autobody 2) Calhoun's on Rt 518 in Rocky Hill or 3) Ultimate Collision in Edison. I don't know their skill set with CF work, but I can say I trust them to do a quality job.

Thanks!!!

I will try Calhoun's first. I go to them all the time and they are solid. Literally across the street from my workplace. I've had them repaint a side mirror before and they did a good job (it was a white pearl job).

As long as Joe's shop exist, I will not go elsewhere. Reason, every NSX color is different in shade even if it's the same color. Joe said that's because every NSX is painting manually by hand so for the most part, the car has a different shade and it requires experience to match the paint. I had my bumper respray by Joe and it couldn't be better.

Well the clear coat doesn't really need to match... just the tint color.

I talked to Calhoun's and they said $250 to redo the clear coat. He was not sure if they could do tint as well but I told them to try... not too concerned if it doesn't turn out okay. I should have taken a pic so I could do before + after pics. Will update when it's done (a few weeks since I am going on vacation).

Keep us posted and good luck.

And to reiterate what others said, never hesitate to go to Vinces AutoBody. Joe is a great guy and has a great group of artisans that will make any booboo better.

Keep us posted and good luck.

And to reiterate what others said, never hesitate to go to Vinces AutoBody. Joe is a great guy and has a great group of artisans that will make any booboo better.

Lol.... Absolutely! I just passed Poughkeepsie 20 mins ago on my way up to Vermont. Its about 2+ hrs away so maybe for something serious. I'm glad to know we actually have options here on the east coast since everything seems to be in CA/TX.

Lol.... Absolutely! I just passed Poughkeepsie 20 mins ago on my way up to Vermont. Its about 2+ hrs away so maybe for something serious. I'm glad to know we actually have options here on the east coast since everything seems to be in CA/TX.

Trust me, the CA/TX folks drool over pbassjo (Joe) and Larry B.!

Back