• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

No front Emblem?

Hi everyone. Just a question, i am thinking of removing the acura emblem from the front bumper and just filling the wholes back and painting it again. I was wondering if it'll look good, has anyone seen an nsx with out the front badge? Would that be cool ???????? Please submit pics if you seen one. Thank you. :confused:

Hi 97NSX,

When I bought my NSX it came without the front emlem.
I have a picture of it somewhere, I will try to upload and post the picture her.
Then you can decide for youself if you like it or not.

I wouldn't take off the emblem because it would look too plain...

here is the pic anyways

rt200106-1.jpg

Remove any visible emblems. The most fun you will ever have is watching people circle the car looking for any clue as to what they're looking at. :)

Timpo said:
here is the pic anyways
What's the deal with the dimples in the front bumper? I wonder if someone incorrectly mounted a front license plate there.

Also, I wonder whether the color in that photo is off, or the car has been repainted. It's clearly a '91-93 (based on the wheels and the black roof), yet the color looks more like the later Kaiser or Silverstone Silver than the Sebring Silver of those years.

I am to stupid to know how to post pictures but my car is in the member galleries under druby. My car has the Taitec JGTC front bumper and does not have an emblem as it wouldn't fit onto the new front end.

NSXnBRLA said:
Remove any visible emblems. The most fun you will ever have is watching people circle the car looking for any clue as to what they're looking at. :)
Sometimes I think I could paint ACURA NSX in foot tall letters on both sides and people would still ask me what the heck kind of car it is.

The Acura emblem in the US is plain ugly; it lacks color contrast, has too much of a curvature and frankly is big. Without the emblem the car looks much more exotic and aerodynamically slick. If I ever have to do work on the bumper, I would remove it.

A contrasting color emblem like the Honda emblems would look much better if you really want an emblem - even though they appear slightly larger than the Acura but they sit flat. I wish Acura would designe a similar embelm (preferably smaller) with color contrasts matching the interiors or accenting.

Just my $0.02, YMMV.

Here is a pic of my car with the front emblem taken off, and crossbar painted black. The entire front clip was repainted because of stone chips.

Attachments

• DSC01546.JPG
    DSC01546.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 488
Hrant said:
The Acura emblem in the US is plain ugly; it lacks color contrast, has too much of a curvature and frankly is big. Without the emblem the car looks much more exotic and aerodynamically slick. If I ever have to do work on the bumper, I would remove it.

I rather agree. It looks like a zit on the car's nose. I like the clean look of MvM's car.

nice car! i love kits now...

AndyH said:
I don't think it's cool without front emblem but I like the clean look. I don't have front emblem and no rear emblem either.
6049006-med.JPG

nsxtasy said:
Also, I wonder whether the color in that photo is off, or the car has been repainted. It's clearly a '91-93 (based on the wheels and the black roof), yet the color looks more like the later Kaiser or Silverstone Silver than the Sebring Silver of those years.

I'm trying to figure that out too. You could speacial order coupes with black roofs in '99, but the front driveway scraper is clearly an early year model as well. Maybe it was a repaint, but they forgot to fix the front dimples when they did the bodywork. :wink:

Thanks everyone for the pics. I think the front looks alot better without the acura emblem, so i think i'll remove it rite away lol. Every one remove yours too looks sooooooo much better classyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :biggrin:

Prototype

ChopsJazz said:
the front driveway scraper is clearly an early year model as well.
You are right about the the lip not being a 97-01, but it is not from 91-96 either. It is way too tall in the middle and is angled too far forward (like a cow-catcher).

Even though the picture is from an 2001 article in Road & Track, it looks "old" compared to the other pictures. In general, the whole front bumper looks a bit odd to me. My guess is the car is a pre-production prototype. Who knows why they used such an old picture.

EDIT: Check out the pictures of the prototype NS-X here. You can see the lip on the red car looks similar. The silver car might even be the same one shown above - it has the pair of dimple things.

Last edited:
AndyH said:
I don't think it's cool without front emblem but I like the clean look. I don't have front emblem and no rear emblem either.
6049006-med.JPG
I think I like that clean look. Boy, your white one is beautiful. Nice fog lights and body kit.
I wonder if the new front looks just as good without the emblem.

Re: Prototype

Ojas said:
EDIT: Check out the pictures of the prototype NS-X here. You can see the lip on the red car looks similar. The silver car might even be the same one shown above - it has the pair of dimple things.

Nice catch! :eek:

It seems they really used the prototype photos...

Hrant said:

I agree for the '91-'01 ones. But I LOVE the '02+ emblems... it is my second NSX where I put them on :)

HI all. WOuld the 03 front emblem fit on a 91 nsx??? I think it looks better than the older nsx front emblems.

No emblems is the way to go. After my momo steering wheel comes in there will be no visible emblems except tiny ones on exterior door handle area. I may have a friend make black blank ones to replace those as well....If you don't know what kind of car I drive than too bad!!! It's a mystery....Actually I can't stand emblems of any kind on any car!!! I have seen others do it on BMW's, Porsche's, Even seen it done on a Ferrari...Clean look that keeps everyone guessing!!! :cool:

gheba_nsx said:
Courtesy of Martin :)

attachment.php
I can't see the emblems on the concorde!!! :biggrin:

Back