• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

No front plate ticket in Southbay - Help!!

Was pulled over by a CHP officer for having no front plates last month. He gave me a fix it ticket although I tried to expalin him that the NSX didn't come with a front plate holder when I bought it. :frown:

Anyways, I installed the ugly front plate but I don't know exactly where to bring it for inspection??:frown:

Does anyone know if I can just bring it to my local police station or a specific place? Does the inspector needs to sign the ticket or will I get some kind of proof? Thanks for the help...

Last edited:
The ticket costs $25. You need to take it to any CHP office and visually show any officer (except the one who wrote you the ticket) and he/she will sign off on it. Mail it in with your $25 check and that is that.

That is until you decide you just can't bear to look at that gorgeous car with the ugly license plate blocking the front and decide to remove it again:biggrin:

Koo,

It's $25 for the fix it ticket.

Val,

Thank you!! Went to my local PD today and the officer on do pay uty inspected my car and signed off the ticket. I had to pay $20 for a 30 seconds inspection though....:frown:

Koo,

It's $25 for the fix it ticket.

Val,

Thank you!! Went to my local PD today and the officer on do pay uty inspected my car and signed off the ticket. I had to pay $20 for a 30 seconds inspection though....:frown:

Yeah, if you go to a CHP station to have a peace officer sign off on one of their tickets, there isn't an extra charge. I was surprised like you when an officer manning the desk at an Orange, CA PD station charged me to look at the car on a CHP issued ticket. Just another way for the cities to milk more money from people.

Last edited:
Haven't been bothered since I did this.
NSX049.jpg

Haven't been bothered since I did this.
NSX049.jpg

Doing this in CA would probably violate the California Vehicle Code section 5201.. :redface:
http://dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d03/vc5201.htm

I've had numerous front plate tickets. Any Peace officer (CHP, Police, State trooper) usually can sign it off. If you have a friend that's a cop, get him to sign it off. I ended up buying the ScienceOfSpeed Stealth bracket for this reason. I put the plate down anytime I park (especially in meters) or anytime I go to LAX airport. I highly recommend it..

Last edited:
That plate placement would definitely not work in CA. I too have the SOS hidden bracket. I stow the plate most of the time but when blasting thru the hills with my fellow Primers or parked publicly for any length of time, I drop it down too.

Got stopped a couple of weeks back with the plate in the stowed position. I just pulled the plate down in front of the local motorcycle cop and that was it. No ticket.

That plate placement would definitely not work in CA. I too have the SOS hidden bracket. I stow the plate most of the time but when blasting thru the hills with my fellow Primers or parked publicly for any length of time, I drop it down too.

Got stopped a couple of weeks back with the plate in the stowed position. I just pulled the plate down in front of the local motorcycle cop and that was it. No ticket.

It's not legal in NY but its better then no plate. I haven't got harassed in years since I did it. The plate scanners that the local RoadNazis have are a pain if you don't have a front plate. This seems to work on them.

Back