• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

No power at injectors

I installed the RDX kit yesterday and am getting no power at the injectors. I talked with Brian and hes sending me another chipped ECU thinking thats the problem. Im wondering if there is anything else to check? This is what we did, car woudnt starts, put a meter on the injector wires and no reading. Sprayed a little starter fluid in the intake and car started so I know its fuel at the injector or in path to. Car ran perfectly before hand.

With the ignition switch in the run position, you should be getting +12v on the yel / blk wire that supplies the injector resistor pack. This in turn should give you +12v on the six red / blk wires that go to each stock injector plug (if you have an adapter harness to fit the RDX injectors you will have to figure out the wire colors - can't help you there). Check for voltage between the red / blk wire and the body ground. Checking for voltage across the two terminals on the injector plug will show no voltage unless the engine is running. The other wire from the injector plug (each injector will have a different color wire) goes to the ECU and is grounded by the ECU to energize the injector. If the engine isn't running that ground is open and as a result no current flows through the injector winding.

I have attached the wiring diagram for the injectors & ECU. If you have +12 v on each injector plug, then something is likely wrong with the ECU. If you are not getting +12v on each red / black, then check your wiring harness, injector resistor plug, fuses and perhaps the main relay.

Back