• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

No power

I'd suggest you get your friend to provide more information on his problem.

Has he downloaded the free shop manual from the Wiki?
If he has the manual and has followed the procedure described there, what error codes does the ECU show?
If he hasn't got the manual he should download it and start reading.
If he doesn't want to get the manual and do some homework on his car then he should save everyone time and take it to a dealer.

it probably the coil coverter in his retropack which is located under the car inside the 3 main coolant hoses that connect the transmission shiftcable to the radiator.
this only happens when the fuel line which is mounted near the air intake box cover sends a signal to the fuse box at the front of the car where the headlight harness connects to the rear muffler.

I hope this helps and don't mind the other guys asking for more details about the car they should have known better.

Thanks guys. He has changed all coil packs. Valve adj. all O2. He doesnt know what else to do. Got new gas. Filters. Anything will help. Thanks

it probably the coil coverter in his retropack which is located under the car inside the 3 main coolant hoses that connect the transmission shiftcable to the radiator.
this only happens when the fuel line which is mounted near the air intake box cover sends a signal to the fuse box at the front of the car where the headlight harness connects to the rear muffler.

I hope this helps and don't mind the other guys asking for more details about the car they should have known better.

Meow!! Classic!

Thanks guys. He has changed all coil packs. Valve adj. all O2. He doesnt know what else to do. Got new gas. Filters. Anything will help. Thanks

Curious why the owner can't post for himself?
In any event if he can't check the error codes from his own car before he starts replacing parts then there's neither help nor hope.
Tell him to take it to a dealer.
They can check the error messages, find out what the real problem is and fix it, instead of the owner spending money on new parts that may not be needed.

Hi guys. My friend has a problem with his 92 manual Nsx. He doesn't get any power till pass 4000 rpm

This is a classic problem with the fuel pump resistor. It does not throw a code when there is a problem.

In the engine compartment on the passenger side, there is a support running front-back that is angled down to the rear of the car. On that bar is a silver resistor with two wires going into it. Remove the plug and short the two wires. This will force the fuel pump to run at a constant high voltage below 4k RPM and above 4k RPM. 4k RPM is the magical number when the fuel pump shifts from getting low voltage to the full battery voltage. Like the 3000GT and almost every other car, this is done to make the pumps last longer, reduce fuel pump noise when you aren't revving the engine, and keep the fuel cooler.

I would search on here for fuel pump resistor if you'd like more info.

Also, do as JD Cross says and download the free shop manual in the Wiki.

Dave

Last edited:
^ nice work Dave, correlating to the rpm. I hope to hear back that this was the problem.

And +1 Shawn, thank you for that gem.

Last edited:
Back