• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

No wonder PD Cunningham missed..

Watch out for that link guys. My Norton Antivirus detected and killed a JS.Exception.Exploit virus after running that video from my IE5 Content folder. Maybe a coincidence... can someone else verify?

Anyway, back to the subject at hand.
biggrin.gif

I think PD needs to slip in a secret shot of NOS for the standing starts. Those AWD bastards have been jumping past him just like last year. He kept taking the pole for naught, as the Audi behind him kept jumping into the lead at the start. PD always had to battle back to retake 1st which he did often. Just shows he's a better driver. Too bad though. If he can keep the lead at the start he would win even more races.

Justin,

Actually, according to some of the speedvision racers it is not PD faults. As you can see, PD is way in front and taking the fast lane. David Farmer could hit the brake and let the leader his line, since he owns that corner. Farmer is on his rear quarter panel. IMHO.

However, it is the start, first corner, and everybody is there in such a rush, I think the right move is to leave room for Farmer.

My point, however, if he didn't get into the avoidable accident, I think the NSX could have taken the Audi.

Again, that's just my point of view. ICBW.

agree with your overall point about the NSX taking the audi.

I dont think that video provided the best perspective to make a judgement call on who had the line, an out of car video would answer that question. Sounds like you have seen other angles, so I bet your are right about it being PD's corner. But, from the perspective of Farmers in car video a bit of doubt is created since at about the 18 second mark on the video you lose sight of the NSX and it appears that Farmer MIGHT have outbraked him into the turn???? but again from that vantage it is almost impossible to tell.....

but one thing that is obvoious in the video is just how bad johannes' start was.

I'll see you soon andrie.

[This message has been edited by justin hall (edited 24 March 2002).]

Back