• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

No xtra power

Hi there everyone.

I just tested my ZEX dry nitrous kit in my NSX which I installed about 6-7 month ago.
But I got very dissapointed :frown: when I tried it, as I expected it to give a little bit more power. I have set the system for 75hp but I can only sense a small (hardly noticeable) power increase.
I hear the gas flowing into the intake, the throttle is wide open, the rpm over 4000 and I have double-checked the installation, checked the plugs to see if it runs lean - but I can not find any errors.
Is this all there is or is there suppose to be a more significant increase?

The car is a -91 with 36000 on the odometer, the fuelfilter has not been changed, although a major service were made last year (including cam-belt)

Any ideas?

Regards.

you will feel a 75 shot for sure. Big kick when it activates. you have something wrong. Pull the nitrous hose off of the nozzle at the throttle body, hold it away from you and have someone activate the nitrous while sitting in neutral. You should get a very strong, cold, white cloud spray out.

SNDSOUL said:
you will feel a 75 shot for sure. Big kick when it activates. you have something wrong. Pull the nitrous hose off of the nozzle at the throttle body, hold it away from you and have someone activate the nitrous while sitting in neutral. You should get a very strong, cold, white cloud spray out.

Id try inhaling to test if its potent enough! :biggrin: Just kidding, do not try this out home. This practice is only for Dead or Phish concerts and frat houses!

I do not have a window-switch, but using the relay that gives more power to the fuel-pump. This kicks in at about 4000rpm and is easy to use as a windows-switch. It also only activates when needed, i.e. when the throttle is wide open (although, the ZEX system is connected to the TPS also)

I can hear the spraying of the gas all the way into the cabin, although it might be to little - I will check the spray.....

Thanks.

So far I have not been able to check the fuel-lines and filters, so I have not found the problem.
The gas is flowing well into the intake so I guess that is not the problem.

I guess I have to order a new fuel-filter.... :rolleyes:

Another thing came to mind - when the relay to the increased power to the fuel-pump activates, I can not feel any increase in power - is there suppose to be any difference? Any of you gues feel any?

Also - I just filled up the car with the new V-power 99 octane fuel from shell/ferrari, and I can really feel the difference compared to the normal 95 octane.... :biggrin:

bump

my high rpms only pull little faster with it.
i also expected a kick from it.
(wet kit)

Back