• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Noise from Engine bay

Weird but today I let it warmed up and them took it out for a spin. After 5-20 of driving, the engine sounds normal again. Oddly weird but I'll take that. It's probably just the nature of the beast.

Honda fuel injectors are also known to be noisy. Fuel injectors by their design create a "ticking" sound and this was a common complaint among customers while I was at a Honda and Acura dealership. Sometimes cleaning out the fuel rail lessens the noise or replacing the noisy injector. This is noise is more prevalent when the engine is cold. This is not a sign of a bad or failing injector, just a noisy one. You can always remove the intake manifold cover when the engine is cold, start it and see if the noise is coming from an injector(s).

In my observations, NSXPrime consensus, at it's best, can be a very sketchy approach to vehicle diagnosis.

For a while my 92 was very noisy at startup. I would describe it more like a rattly old diesel as opposed to ticking; it would quiet down after a few minutes. It turned out to be the timing belt adjustment; the belt was slapping against its case until the engine warmed up. Just one more thing to consider...

thanks guys for the input. In my case it was not the t-belt. I checked. The ticking noise is now gone. I'm going to just have to enjoy it more.

.......hmm maybe someone(ex gf) planted a bomb ......and it was a dud:eek:

Back