• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nopi

I won't be able to bring my car. But It'd be cool to hang with some of you at nopi.

I now have tickets in hand also....I'm a confirmed "go". :)

cool can't wait to see the finished product

not yet. I have 2 cracked wheels, beyond repair. so I'll be sitting it out..

cwood1388 said:
not yet. I have 2 cracked wheels, beyond repair. so I'll be sitting it out..

Bummer. Would love to have you come up, at least for Saturday. You would really enjoy the show and dinner with all the other owners that night.

Idiot drivers can't stay in their own lanes

Anyone concerned about Ivan hitting Atlanta on Friday ??? seems like that's the path it will take :mad: I might have to change my travel plans... probably the worst for those in southern GA and AL travelling to ATL... they said so far this it the #3 strongest hurricane of the century... a strong category 5 storm :(

pj

fifthearth said:
Anyone concerned about Ivan hitting Atlanta on Friday ??? seems like that's the path it will take :mad: I might have to change my travel plans... probably the worst for those in southern GA and AL travelling to ATL... they said so far this it the #3 strongest hurricane of the century... a strong category 5 storm :(
pj

My wife and I have been discussing that very thing. We would be coming up from I-75 crossing the state line. Looks like some really crappy traveling weather to say the least. :(

If it does come through, it would make the trip interesting thru SC. I know we'll catch rain all the way there. I'm considering not going.

yeah I can't blame you for not traveling I went to florida in a storm... it sucks

Currently, when I check weather.com for 10 day forcast for atlanta:

http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/tenday.html?locid=USGA0028

It seems like the worst of it is projected to hit Atlanta Thursday. It seems like it will still be raining on Friday and tapering off to almost nothing by Saturday. Like I said, this is what the current 10 day forcast is saying.

IF this is true, it may not be too bad for those leaving later on during the day on Friday. By coincidence, I wasn't planning on leaving Columbia, SC until around 3 pm or so. /keeping fingers crossed/ Hopefully, I'll still be able to drive down there. If not, we'll just take off on Saturday morning.

C'mon, Charles, if its bad on Friday, just Caravan down with us on Saturday a.m.

I am watching and waiting myself right now. I really want to come but I don't want to risk life and limb over a car show. Man this sucks. :(
BTW, how long of a drive is it from Charleston to Atl.?

Yeah... depending on where the storm is... I think with the projected path of the Hurricane... people from SC and north east states will have to drive through part of the rain :(
I will be leaving from Memphis... I'll just have to wait and see.... as of now I am still planning on being there Saturday.... sux !!!! I just got my NOPI package in the mail last weekend and was all happy about it.... :(

hmm...makes me reconsider still though.

I hope it does not get in my way also as i have to go from Orlando to Atlanta via 75 on Friday. I have to be in Savannah on Fri morning, but that should be cancelled due to the hurricane. I was originally going to leave Thurs.

Danny

1TITENSX said:
Is it too late for me to go and sign-up :confused: I am waiting on a last min decision based off the weather :(.

And I was told it never rains on NOPI in Atl :rolleyes: :p
If it does RAIN on NOPI weekend, then it will be the first time in 10yrs.

The rain will let up by then....you'll see on Saturday. :p :D

docdan said:
Currently, when I check weather.com for 10 day forcast for atlanta:

http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/tenday.html?locid=USGA0028

It seems like the worst of it is projected to hit Atlanta Thursday. It seems like it will still be raining on Friday and tapering off to almost nothing by Saturday. Like I said, this is what the current 10 day forcast is saying.

IF this is true, it may not be too bad for those leaving later on during the day on Friday. By coincidence, I wasn't planning on leaving Columbia, SC until around 3 pm or so. /keeping fingers crossed/ Hopefully, I'll still be able to drive down there. If not, we'll just take off on Saturday morning.

C'mon, Charles, if its bad on Friday, just Caravan down with us on Saturday a.m.

I thought about that. The only problem will be being AT THE GATE AT 6am to beat the line. Believe me you do not want to be there later than 10 or so.

Looking at the path, we still might leave late Thursday. It looks like it will more east of GA than before. Besides, I promised Romeo to help him with some stuff on his car Friday. SURFs UP!!!!! :p :p

92NSX said:
I am watching and waiting myself right now. I really want to come but I don't want to risk life and limb over a car show. Man this sucks. :(
BTW, how long of a drive is it from Charleston to Atl.?

It's about 4-5hrs....MAURICE BRING YOUR A$$$ If I'm doing it you better DO it :p :)

Back