• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Norcal Lexus Club Driver Loses It-hits Motorbike

A little food for thought when we go on a club cruise, or anytime for that matter.

2310677670084140464S600x600Q85.jpg

This past Sunday saw a near-tragic accident on Highway 9. Seems a large group of Lexus owners were going down Highway 9 near 35 at the same time a large group of scooter riders were coming up. For whatever reason, a Lexus I-300 lost control, slid over the line and took out a scooter rider, knocking him down the ravine. Luckily, the scooter rider survived, but barely. An ugly by-product is the bad vibes and recriminations that have developed between online forums ( Lexus Owners, Vespa Riders, and Bay Area Riders) with cross posts and general ugliness.

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237613

WOW did not know people were so into Vespa's they even have A club get together.

LOL-- Scooters are like fat chicks, there fun to ride but you wouldn't want your friends to see you riding one.:eek: :biggrin:

The car looks like a Lexus SC 300 or SC400 coupe. This is exactly why people should learn how to drive their cars in a safe and controlled environment like at Thunderhill, Infineon or Laguna Seca in a High Performance Driving School.

Sunday was a sucky day all around.

Two cyclist killed by a Sheriff on Stevens Creek Canyon Rd., another few mowed down on HW 35 near Alice's restaurant by a woman turning right in front of a 30+ mph paceline (fortunately, no fatalities) - and now these poor scooter folks. I passed by the doomed bicyclists on Portola Rd. that very morning...

Spirited driving doesn't mean stupid driving. On public roads, never drive faster than you can see.

I bicycle on HW9, Skyline, and Stevens Creek Canyon all the time and even on the bike, I don't ride faster than I can see - but if some dumbass cuts into my lane, I'm probably toast, because the closing speeds are exceedingly high. I hate dumbasses...

Very sad event, just spend the better part of 30 mintues reading all the forum threads....WOW!

Just a tragic incident that could have happened on ANY forum but just unlucky for it to be Clublexus.com - I know a few of the guys on there and all of them are stand up guys. Always a bad apple in every group.

I'm a member on that forum and I ALSO have been riding for 10+ years so equally I feel for all sides. I don't think anyone can prevent such an incident so at this point, just hope the best for Josh's recovery.

rick

Back