• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Not all NSX owners are honorable!

Well, I hate to say this, but it looks like I got ripped off! About 4 months ago, I placed a "wanted Ad" for a set of oem shocks and received a reply from a character named Frank Spano. This guy wanted $220.00 for a set of oem shocks, which he claimed to have only 3K miles. Well, not thinking twice, since I have had great experience doing business with my fellow NSX'rs on this forum, I sent him the money and when I received the package, I was totally shocked to see that there were only 3 shocks! Not only that, the shocks looked like crap. There was no way that these shocks only had 3K miles on them. I immediately contacted this dude and asked him what was going on. He told me, "maybe one of them fell out". So, I asked him to please contact FedEx and file a claim. A whole month went bye and nothing happened. So, I decided to contact FedEx myself to find out what the status was of the investigation and was shocked to find out that this guy didn't even file a claim! So, after several attempts to get a hold of him, I contact Mr. Spano and he just played dumb. I realized that this guy didn't want to help me. So, I took it upon myself and filed a claim with FedEx. As anyone of you here knows, getting a claim payed out is such a pain in the ass! I did all of the research and leg work and about 1 1/2 months later I was informed that the claim was accepted. So, just when I thought that everything was ok, I waited and waited for my check to arrive, but still no check. So, after about 30 phone calls, I was able to finally get a hold of Mr. Spano and asked him what was going on. He claimed to know nothing! I called FedEx to see what the hang-up was and they told me that they had sent out payment for my claim to Mr. Spano (since he was the shipper-Stupid FedEx policy). I immediately attempted to call Mr. Spano and couldn't get a hold of him. About 2 weeks later, I tried him again from a payphone and guess what, he finally picked up. Of course he was shocked to learn that it was me. I asked him what was he trying to pull??? He started to stutter and didn't know what to tell me. He just said, "I didn't get any check, I didn't get any check!". I told him that not only was payment issued in his name over 5 weeks ago, FedEx's records showed that had already cashed to dam check!!!!!! After that, we got cut off and I have never been able to get a hold of this crook!

Just wanted to let everyone know of this character and what he did to me.

Frank Spano
out of New Jersey

If anyone here would like to contact me directly regarding this incident, please call me anytime at (818) 585-0731

if my memory serves me correctly, there has been other posts complaining about this guy, does anyone have a valid address for him?

Have you called the NJ police to see if they can do anything for you? With a case of fraud like this, criminal action should be taken.

Originally posted by mikescg:
if my memory serves me correctly, there has been other posts complaining about this guy

There was a topic in the General Discussions forum entitled "Frank Spano..... Anyone ever herd of him?" on February 18, but it's no longer where it was first created, at http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/007909.html

He is a member of NSXprime (username Frank Spano) and has 31 posts.

He also had two posts of items for sale a year ago, here and here.

[This message has been edited by Forums Nazi (edited 20 March 2003).]

Originally posted by Forums Nazi:
There was a topic in the General Discussions forum entitled "Frank Spano..... Anyone ever herd of him?" on February 18, but it's no longer where it was first created, at http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/007909.html

He is a member of NSXprime (username Frank Spano) and has 31 posts.

He also had two posts of items for sale a year ago, here and here.

[This message has been edited by Forums Nazi (edited 20 March 2003).]

You can find the same thread here.
http://www.nsxsc.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001611.html

I'm really cautious about giving the benefit of the doubt to those who don't have at least 100 posts in Prime. It's not a fool-proof method but at least they would have been active enough in this board that others may know more about him/her. That way if something goes wrong, someone else on the board can back you up and maybe confront him/her in person for you.

Sorry to hear about your problems with your purchase.

If it helps I have the stock suspension from the 2000 NSX-T that I will give you if you pay for shipping. It had about 10K miles on it when I swapped it for a TEIN coil over.

Let me know if this would help.

Take care!

Originally posted by Carguy!:

If it helps I have the stock suspension from the 2000 NSX-T that I will give you if you pay for shipping. It had about 10K miles on it when I swapped it for a TEIN coil over.

Take care!
This is what this community is all about! Kudos to Carguy whose generosity is absolutely stunning. My hat's off to you!

Originally posted by Carguy!:

Take care!

I am so happy to be part of a group that does things like this.

Carguy! said:

Take care!

What an incredibly nice gesture. Very kind of you do offer that.

You the man!!!

Carguy! said:

Take care!

Great gesture, I admire a man with heart, seem so rare these days.
On a second note, Poloman, how come I have never met you before at any of our San Diego meet and run? If you interested in meeting some other owners, and do some fun stuff, email me with your contacts and I will fill you in. I feel bad about what's happen to you, Polo, but I am sure that it will work out soon enough. You take care.

Last edited:
this story goes to show that you should always conduct business with someone that is local and can physically see the items being bought. i would never trust anyone over the internet to conduct business.....unless $100 or below..

also, if they guy is ripping people from state to state... that would be considered a Federal offence, since the fruad happened through state line, it doesnt matter the amount of the faud.

I cant believe it!!!!!

Written by Carguy! on 03-21-2003 11:35:

"Sorry to hear about your problems with your purchase.

Take care!"

Thank You Carguy! I am very interested in taking you up on your offer. Please e-mail me at: [email protected] or call me at (818) 585-0731 anytime, and I will provide you with my address.

I had no dought that all of those times I personally went that extra mile for a fellow NSX owner, would some day come back to me. :) I love this forum!!!!!

:D :D :D

Oh, to answer your Post NSXSAN:

"On a second note, Poloman, how come I have never met you before at any of our San Diego meet and run? If you interested in meeting some other owners, and do some fun stuff"

I have relocated back to L.A. a few months back, and find myself in S.D. only every other weekend now. However, please keep me in the loop for the next meeting, I probably can make it! ([email protected])

'92 Red/Blk #160
MARCOS1

Poloman,
Please enjoy your stay in LA. We have a run on the 14th of Jume. Check out the thread on the SW forum, title: "SD cars Meet." Hope everything will work out for you, and we will see you.
Take care,
De

It probably fell out of the box when the other 3 "fell off the truck".
==FICTION==
He drives a red '86 IROC with buick factory mags and 6 different plates in the trunk with a cordless screwdriver. He makes a living
selling scrap parts from the weedy backyard of his uncle's chop shop on websites and spends it all on cheap cologne, gold chains and coke.

My 2 cents
I alway used C.O.D when buying any nsx parts from a private party. That way I get the parts and the seller get his/her money.

Back