• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Not much fun looking for an early NSX.

MCM

Experienced Member
Looking mainly for a lo mi. 91-93 Black & Ivory.
or a 97 Black and Tan priced to sell.
(In So Cal)
Dreamers or shiesters abound!
Why are most for sale on their 3rd or 4th owner?
And have been from one end of the country to another-twice?
Weird..............
Will find the right situation, but after a month with cash
Burning a hole in my pocket, it is a bit frustrating.
But the up side is, I am really in no hurry.
Just ready to go!
:biggrin:

Hmmm..NSX is not your typical civic or boxster or bmw that you see in every neighborhood.

MCM said:
(In So Cal)
Weird..............
Just ready to go!

Maybe because to color combo's you are interested in have a TOTAL production of 762 w/manual trans, and 22 w/auto trans:).

You are very limited by your choice of color combo.

You are also looking at cars with the main production Blk/Ivory that are a minumin of 12 years old, that would explain the multiple owners.

Good Luck with the search.

Regards,
LarryB

I know a guy here in MD who really isnt looking to sell but will, I think he is either the original or second owner, and it has fairly low miles.
emai me if you want I will try to get you the info,
[email protected]

As Larry mentioned, there are less than 1000 cars in the US that meet your criterion. I have a 91 black/ivory. I think I am the fourth owner. My car was sold new in Oklahoma. It then spent the next ten years of it's life in California before I purchased it.

As you can see, I had to fly out to San Franciso to purchase mine. I then drove it all the way back to Dallas. If you look deep in the bowels of this forum you may find my story of my trip from San Francisco to Dallas. I had a great time. Not only did I purchase the car that I have a true passion for, but I was able to traverse this great country in it.

MCM said:
(In So Cal)
Weird..............
Just ready to go!
You need to be also VERY realistic. A low mileage 91-93 in excellent condition will still command upwards of $30k. If you want a car that fits your requirements, you need to realistically look at a appropriate price range. Recently there was this guy calling himself a "serious buyer with cash in hand" offering under $20k for a good NSX in the NSX wanted section. People just laughed their asses off. I can't find the ad now.
Steve

I spent a year and a half looking for mine. Looked at a lot of junk before I found a good one. One thing you have going for you is living in California. Trying to find a NSX on the east coast is a lot harder than the west coast. Also on the east coast if you don't have a "summer" car by June there is no sense in buying the car that particular year. In Cali. you can drive year round.

you are looking for a rare combo with low miles most likely will not get a good deal on it.

Just looking for a low mileage 91-93 in any color is kindna tough without being near or above 30K.

One owner 91-93 low mile black/ivory 5-spd
out of snap ring range with TB/WB service
A/C working or even with r138 conversion.
No wear on the seat bolster.
In So Cal. Sitting in a Garage
For $20K.

This car would be Sold even without being posted on Prime of any classified ads. Friends and Family will be hitting up for it constantly.

Be prepared to travel when shopping for your 'specific' NSX...I had to fly to Portland to find my blk/blk low miler '91(no better way to get to know your new car then with a quick 1000 mile trip through some beautiful country sides :biggrin: ) well worth the drive....So be patient or broadin your color choices....nothin wrong with blk/blk, IMO the nicest combo of all :tongue:

Good luck....

BTW, I have secretly started the search for my next NSX(91-94 low miler blk/blk or silver) hope to have one by Oct. for NSXPO :biggrin:

MCM said:
(In So Cal)
Weird..............
Just ready to go!
Took me quite a while as well but's it worth the time to find the right car for you. My NSX story

MCM said:
(In So Cal)
Weird..............
Just ready to go!

my experience is that quality takes both time and money.

everyone else has mentioned the limited availability of you selection.

good luck with finding the right car for you.

You guys are right.
I have the time and the money is safe in the bank.
(Willing to pay the going rate for a 91-94, but a 97 would have to be
a pretty good deal for a cash purchase)
Had a really strange deal fall through and it got me started off on the wrong foot.
(seller decided not to sell at the last minute)
Received a promising e-mail last night on a car, looking forward to checking it out.
But will try to stick in my general area for now. Have 3 in my sights at this time, so who knows.
Thanks again!
MCM

Back