• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX $799 lease deal specifics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello i did the search and got lots of info, but couldnt find some details for 04 nsx lease deal.

need to know

money factor
acquisition fee
sec dep amount
cap cost
residual

trying ot see how much room is avail for nego. thx

http://www.acura.com/eacura/eacura_...rl=http://eshopping.honda.com/AllSpecials.asp

Special lease rates available on all 2004 NSX models. *Featured lease: 2004 NSX (ModelNA2164PKW) for $799.00 per month/36 months/$999.00 down payment. $2,598.00 total due at lease signing (includes security deposit, excludes tax and license). Subject to limited availability. *The specific featured lease listed is not available to New York residents. New York residents should contact their dealer for New York featured lease. Terms and conditions vary for New York residents. In addition, AHFC limits leasing terms to 39 months or less to residents and dealers in the State of Rhode Island.

Offer valid only on approved credit by Honda Financial Services through participating dealers. Honda Financial Services' standard credit criteria apply. See your Acura dealer for details. *Featured lease for 2004 Manual Transmission (Model# NA2164PKW). MSRP $89,765.00 (includes destination). Actual net capital cost $82,213.20. DEALER PARTICIPATION MAY AFFECT ACTUAL PAYMENT. Taxes, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options and insurance extra. Total monthly payments $28,764.00. Option to purchase at lease end $59,244.90. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15¢/mile over 7,500 miles/year. Lease rates subject to change without prior notice. *The lease listed is not available to New York residents. Contact your dealer for New York featured lease. AHFC limits leasing terms to 39 months or less to residents and dealers in the State of Rhode Island. Offer valid from May 4, 2004 through July 6, 2004.

ran some math -

looks like

residual is 66%
money factor = 0.0012 or 2.88%

not sure about sec dep & acq fee, i'm guessing around $1k each?

security is first and last months' payment. do you mean acquisition fee as in dealer fee/documentation fee? if so, that depends on the dealer anywhere from 50 to 350 has been my experiences. you also have to account for tax for lease payments and the rate depends on your state. example in nj for leases it is 6% so monthly payments would be 848. But as always, "dealer participation may affact payments" meaning they can ask whatever they want since its their car.

I considered doing that special lease as well.....just that mileage cap would get me. :D

I'd try to eliminate the down payment and get 10K miles per year. The security deposit is refundable so that shouldn't be THAT big of a deal

The acquisition fee (around $300) is seldom negotiable (although it IS "cash" so who knows what kind of deal the dealer will make ?)

So the question is - is it worth $30,000 to use a brand new NSX for 3 years?

Sounds like a very good deal compared to other exotics but I wonder if people wouldn't be better off financially buying a pretty nice and well maintained early model NSX for that $30,000 and owning it outright? You would (as I well know) have a higher expected maintenance cost over that 3 year period but if you have never driven an earlier 3.0L coupe, don't have to have the T, or don't care for the newer cosmetic changes you might be well served to check out a clean 91/92 for about the same money.

Just my O - nothing against a very nice new car and a very attractive lease price.

I just did the lease 2 months ago. My thoughts were 1. if new HSC comes out and sucks (unlikely) then I'd have one of the last handbuilt original models I could buy at lease end with a perfect owner history. 2. If new HSC came out and was awesome, I could throw the keys of my 2004 on the desk of Acura dealer and buy one of the new HSC/NSX at the end of the lease and not get raped by depreciation because the new model came out.

Whatever you do, don't buy the extra miles in advance. What they do if you want more miles, is to lower the residual value. I put a calculator to it and it was going to cost about 19 cents a mile that way. I would be better off paying the 15 cent/mile penalty if I go over at the end. Plus, if you agree to that lower residual and don't go over the 7,500 mile/year, you still pay for the miles whether you use them or not. Obviously, in theory, you could sell the car for more at the end of the lease and get some of that money back, but I wasn't interested in that headache. My luck would have me breaking my leg and the car sitting for a year while I was paying extra for miles I'd never use. Then the value of the car dropping like a rock because the new HSC kicks a$$. Plus, 6,000 miles extra a year only amounts to $900/year. I personally won't come close to that amount. Lastly, what other $90K exotic car can you drive for $799/month!?!!??! It's a great deal. Just my $.02!!!!!
Doc C

agreed w/ above. why the heck would u drop $30k on a 13 year old car that sold for $50k new? only attention whores would do that. if u wanna buy a car for $30k, get a 350z, rx8, STI, Evo8, etc etc. but as far as lease deals go, u can touch acura's offer

ProV1 said:
agreed w/ above. why the heck would u drop $30k on a 13 year old car that sold for $50k new? only attention whores would do that. if u wanna buy a car for $30k, get a 350z, rx8, STI, Evo8, etc etc. but as far as lease deals go, u can touch acura's offer

So many responses to your ignorant post - so little time.

matteni said:
So many responses to your ignorant post - so little time.

truth hurts doesnt it.. how does it feel dumping $30k on a 14 year old car and getting smoked by a brand new STi?

Matteni: 2
ProV1: 0

Attachments

• nsx_troll.jpg
    nsx_troll.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 712
ProV1, if speed is your only concern, I could spend 20K on a 68 Camaro with motor work, and it will smoke just about anything on the road! (Including your Mazda, Subura, Nissan, or an NSX for that matter)

I saw the ultimate phrase in an old post here for all our power only friends who try to hate. "This car isn't about horsepower." Great line.

Go get that RX8 then.

gee... awe-shucks, G-O-L-L-Y...

ProV1 said:
. . .why the heck would u drop $30k on a 13 year old car that sold for $50k new? only attention whores would do that...

truth hurts doesnt it.. how does it feel dumping $30k on a 14 year old car and getting smoked by a brand new STi?

hmmm, ProV1 (of Pantene fame? :p)...

you must know apparently know me, as you've identified me 101%... :D

as far as being "smoked" by a STi, well- tiz is life, there's alwayz something greener on the other side of the fence. as the timeless cliche` goes, "i'm not a fighter, i'm a lover..." well, i'm not a racer, i'm a driver. anywayz, however i don't prefer grocery-getter styling, i'm allergic to mass-produced plastic ergonomics, nor do i want to communicate the w/ the 4th dimension w/ that buck-rodgers spoiler... :rolleyes:

i'd like to see that short-list of cars ye' stated in 14yrs... :eek:

[Honorary Troll-Patrol, sorry to feed fodder to the impolite & meanie newbie... (using the word newbie very-very loosely)] :eek:

Last edited:
Don't feed the Moron

trollxing.gif
feed_troll.jpg

Re: gee... awe-shucks, G-O-L-L-Y...

Osiris_x11 said:
hmmm, ProV1 (of Pantene fame? :p)...

Pantene fame ?!?!?! :eek: :D :D :D

*I* would have thought he was a golfer !!! :D :D :D

He may have phrased it badly but, unless he's putting everbody on (which sounds quite possible), he's looking to lease the NSX and makes a VALID point.

But, as has been stated SO many times so eloquently, especially around here, the NSX isn't about 0-60

(Sounds like he managed to get the "Troll Patrol"'s panties in a twist though. :eek: ;) )

Re: Re: gee... awe-shucks, G-O-L-L-Y...

NSX-GUY said:

(Sounds like he managed to get the "Troll Patrol"'s panties in a twist though. :eek: ;) )
Troll Patrol is a Heathen, and wears no panties. You could however say that he received a wedgie to his loin cloth. :mad:

ProV1 said:

Wasn't it $65K when new in 91 and waiting lists bidding upwards of $120K in its heyday?

IMO the styling of all those cars you mentioned is cookie-cutter crap...and definitely not on par with the NSX. I'll review each of them 20 more times on my drive home tonight.

You could make the case that anyone so uninformed about the NSX who is trying to make numbers work such that they can lease the latest and greatest car only to plan on giving it back to the dealer in 3 years (ostensibly when it is no longer in style) is more of an "attention whore" than an enthusiast.

On a side note it's somewhat funny that the NSX is still such a stunning car visually that anyone would believe that buying a 1991 NSX would be for attention, as opposed to a new car.

i don't think he's a troll. I think I recognize him from s2ki.com...unless he trolls there too :)

Don't lease man. Buy one. It's your to keep. Leasing is like renting. You have to give it back, what's the point. Unless you plan on always having a car payment and changing cars a lot. That's just my take on it all. Man, short sentences, hahaha. But hey, if leasing is for you, go for it.

EssTooKayTD said:
man, if that's true, I just simply don't understand it. why would you take the time to be a "troll?" seems boring.

I guess it is the modern equivalent of the "crank call". Always seem to get a lot more when school is out for summer vacation too.

:confused:

EssTooKayTD said:
i don't think he's a troll. I think I recognize him from s2ki.com...unless he trolls there too :)
Did you miss this post?
ProV1 said:
What would be your definition of troll then?

ProV1 said:

Then why the hell would you ever even look at a new one!?

And before you comeback with some whitty response about leasing do the math on your total payments and subtract that from the equity you would have amassed by the end of the term. See that huge negative number? Yeah makes a lot of sense huh?

Can we start NSX Prime: The Survivor Edition where we can vote people off for writing such inconsistent posts and then asking inane questions like 'what is the best color'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back