• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX and Lotus Elise

was browsing my hard drive and found some pics I took of my NSX with my friends, friends Elise. I gotta tell you, they are both beautiful!

Enjoy.

7608DSC030821.JPG

7608DSC03084.JPG

7608DSC03083.JPG

7608DSC03089.JPG

7608DSC030881.JPG

Hi

Very nice.

I have a shot from my summmer of 2004 that is similar.

attachment.php

Regards

The silver Lotus is a very nice car. But why the hell do they have to wear such disgusting orange and red reflectors on their side? :)

Lovely photos. Thank you for sharing them. It never hurts to have some competition in the NSX photo gallery. ;)

The thing that always strikes me about the Elise whenever i see one is how small it is, whereas the NSX always appears so low.

Have you lent your keys to your friend? If so, what did they think of the NSX compared to the Elise?

goldNSX said:
The silver Lotus is a very nice car. But why the hell do they have to wear such disgusting orange and red reflectors on their side? :)

I was wondering the same thing about the Acura NSX... :wink:

No Honda NSX ever had those things... :biggrin:

goldNSX said:
United States Federal Safety Standards, I believe.

Great pictures, good comparison. Usually when I see side-by-side pictures of a NSX next to other cars (like a Z06 etc.) it looks so small. That Lotus makes the NSX look the size of an SUV:wink:

I thought I'd share these . . .

I love how the NSX and Elise relative size changes based on the angle of the shot:

NSX007.jpg

NSX006.jpg

Motegi said:
I dropped by my local Lotus dealer (in my NSX) a few months ago. The salesman that approached me spoke much less about the Elise that I was looking at and more about how horrible the NSX is in his opinion. Needless to say I didn't stick around him for very long. For some reason I don't think he has the proper approach to selling cars. I guess I wont be buying any cars from them in the future.

I had a similar experience with a Lotus dealer... He made some comment about the my 550hp twin turbo NSX (which is set up for the track) would not be anywhere near as fast as the factory elise on the track... Needless to say I didn't stick around...:rolleyes:

Great photos BTW! I love the Elise! (even though some of their salesman are wankers... )

Great photos side by side. I would like to have an Elise too!
goldNSX said:
… But why the hell do they have to wear such disgusting orange and red reflectors on their side? :)
USA regulations again, I’m afraid.
You Aussies appear to have got the USA version. Ours in Europe look like this:
http://www.fantasycars.com/derek/cars/images/lotus/elise_type72_1.jpg
Our NSXes have a nice little turn indicator too, not the Lego block lights you have…
http://skycar.diy.myrice.com/Html/jspc/Honda NSX.JPG
I have to admit, though, I think Lotus is brave for trying a different theme for the lights. They could be worse.
Or they could be better, like ours!
When Honda did the USA lights on the NSX, they went to Chief Auto Parts, around the corner and chose Lego lights. Pity.
Peter

AU_NSX said:
I had a similar experience with a Lotus dealer... He made some comment about the my 550hp twin turbo NSX (which is set up for the track) would not be anywhere near as fast as the factory elise on the track... Needless to say I didn't stick around...:rolleyes:

Great photos BTW! I love the Elise! (even though some of their salesman are wankers... )
Those dealers are WRONG. A couple of times a year we go on a “Road Trip” to the Alsace in France and chase motorcycles through the hills for a week.
My NSX can just about keep up with my friends S1 Elise in the hills and on the straights or up hill he doesn’t have a chance! The NSX is faster to the top, no question. And if it weren’t for my puney brakes I’d be faster down, too.
The Elise is a completely different type of car to the NSX however and the dealer shouldn’t be comparing like that. My friend's bum is numb and he can hardly walk after our 4 hour drive down there in his Elise, he uses earplugs too. He makes jokes about his radio. I, in my NSX, just feel fine and relaxed and listen to fine classical music on the way down there. Or New Wave.
They are different cars.

In the Alps above Torino I was once chased by two Elises. I came over the pass (incidentally leaving my friend's Elise behind on the way up, of course), and parked there on the side where two Elises (one S1 and one S2). As I blasted past them (normally we wait at the top, but i saw the way the 2 elises acted when they saw me, so didn't stop), I saw them looking sharply at me and putting their cars in gear. At the end of the next straight, I saw them both back there chasing, so I took it to the limit to get down before them. They gradually got a little closer, but 20 minutes later I reached to bottom and they had only gained a little bit. And my brakes were fading to nothing and stinking, so it was a good job we were at the bottom. They should have caught my big heavy cruiser NSX, like the dealer says. But they couldn’t. They still had brakes, however.
We spoke about our cars, they lived there and knew the road too. They were impressed by the NSX, but not surprised. They had always admired the car. It was nice to hear!
I certainly admire the Elise. Have you seen the pedals is has? Beautiful.
peter

I spent a whole day at Silverstone driving a base Elise and my dads NSX. The NSX rolls a lot more and you realise how stupidly big the steering wheel. It's like driving a bus!

The Elise was very quick and grippy but ultimately the tyres were too wide, and it understeered. The NSX's brake feel and gearbox are among the best of any car so despite the Elise being good, in those areas the NSX has it licked.

I like to drive the NSX with the rear 'floating.' With road tyres i think to get the best out of the car is to have it slightly on edge as it can change direction easily. I have never experienced understeer in the NSX, which is very rare in a road car.

So despite being more comfy it was 2 secs quicker than the Elise.

I do love them though, although i would get a Vauxhall/Opel VX220. It is based on a Elise, looks better and has a better engine. Unfortunately, no longer made.

vauxhall_vx2202001_01_350.jpg

-Rob

robfenn said:
...stupidly big steering wheel. It's like driving a bus!
hehe, quick rack anyone?:biggrin:

Back