• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Club Benelux

Hi,

After the first set of meetings in Holland, I think we should start the NSX Club Benelux, Dimer was already speaking of this idea a few months ago.

Today after talking with Peter (710) i think it would be best if we can unite the NSX owners in the Benelux and form a platform of information and plan meetings in a organized and clear way.

A excellent idea from Peter was to have a secure database of NSX owners.
With optionally there City, and Mobile number for use in planing of Meetings and in the meetings them self.

What's clear is that it will take some time and effort to setup a good web site and get information together.
And that 90% of the people don't have the time to do this which of course is logical when you work or run a business.

If we all join one club it will make meetings, club events, group buys, and owner support and advice, a lot more easy.

Also interaction with other NSX Clubs for larger events will be simplified (for example: NSX Club of Britain, NSX Club Switzerland, etc)
Also the registration for car shows will become easier.

Pete (710) already head great idea's for a road trip we could do maybe in conjunction with other car clubs.

Also important is to make sure it's bilingual (Dutch and English).
So that non-Dutch speakers can join in and get a overview (French, Germans, British, Scandinavians etc)

Since this is why most Dutch, French and German NSX owners aren't on NSX prime.

What I will do for the club:

• Design and setup the web site, Sponsor the hosting and bandwidth.
  • Get in contact with my NSX clients and have them join in.
  • Help organize the meetings.

Important points in summary:

1. Formation of one club - Easy part just let's get started
  2. Creation of a web site - I will do this for the club
  3. Getting additional non-NSX Prime members - I will contact my local clients
  4. Making a database of information resources
  5. A database of NSX owners and club members - like stated above
Ideas:

• A Separate Forum in Dutch for all non-English speakers (maybe on NSX Prime? I'll contact Lud about this idea.)
Web site
I have made a simple small web site to get this all started:
http://nsxclubbenelux.as-motorsport.com/

Member registration
To start with I think we will need the following basic information from members:

Mobile number (to aid communication on events, meetings and road trips)
Prime user name (if member is a prime user)
Real Name
City (to give a idea when planning)
E-mail.

What i would like to add to the site would be a Member login area via which members can access the member list and meeting sign up.

Hello AS, it's me, which requested information to you this morning (David Alain), good idea for new site NSX the BENELUX COUNTRIES, but, do not forget the French-speaking people, there is much NSX in France, they do not speak English and Dutch...thank you :smile:

Last edited:
Hello AS, it's me, which requested information to you this morning (David Alain), good idea for new site NSX the BENELUX COUNTRIES, but, do not forget the French-speaking people, there is much NSX in France, they do not speak English and Dutch...thank you :smile:
Hey David,

I got your mail, i will answer that tomorrow.

French is also a idea to add into the club.

I will start by PMing my gsm number to Adnan to put on the database.

Then, if everybody has their gsm numbers in one place, we can phone other members if needed.

This is handy when you go to a meeting and can't find anybody or are lost like I was on Sunday in Zandvoort when I couldn't find anybody because I had forgotten their GSM numbers at home! Silly me.

Just check the database on your internet-ready and phone somebody whom you believe will be there too.

Adnan will make it so we can access the website database easily on our phones that have iddy bitty tiny screens!

So if you are on the way the Ring and as you pass Maastricht you suddenly decide to phone me but don't have my GSM number, viola, just look on the database on your internet phone, find my number and tell me you are in the area!
peter

PS: What happens if we don't have an internet-ready phone? Can we dial the server and ask for an SMS of the database or something?

yes, if it works and is simple, then others will use the database too, French and German, maybe UK too.
So I think we should put our first name, online names, GSM number, area in generic terms ("near Maastricht" or "20 minutes south of Paris" or something like that) and what car we have. NSX or Civic or Opel Astra etc.
Maybe area first is better.
Then it is easy to find contacts depending on our situation.
Maybe also information like "garage repair", (not needed for NSXes), or "have toilet".
Hey you never know...

Example:
in Maastricht or 20 minutes south of Leuven (not both places at once...)
Peter
0031.6 xxxxxxxx or 0032.495.xxxxxx
NSX
peter@xxxxxxxxx
have warm coffee (and toilet). And tools.

Then if someone is in my area(s) and needs to go to the potty REAL bad, well, just check the database and call.

yes, if it works and is simple, then others will use the database too, French and German, maybe UK too.
So I think we should put our first name, online names, GSM number, area in generic terms ("near Maastricht" or "20 minutes south of Paris" or something like that) and what car we have. NSX or Civic or Opel Astra etc.
Maybe area first is better.
Then it is easy to find contacts depending on our situation.
Maybe also information like "garage repair", (not needed for NSXes), or "have toilet".
Hey you never know...

Example:
in Maastricht or 20 minutes south of Leuven (not both places at once...)
Peter
0031.6 xxxxxxxx or 0032.495.xxxxxx
NSX
have warm coffee (and toilet). And tools.

Then if someone is in my area(s) and need to go to the potty REAL bad, well, just check the database and call.

Or maybe an NSX owner flies over from Australia and suddenly has some free time this evening.
Voila! Database. Beer! BBQ!
I don't know what is more important for an Australian, Beer or BBQ? Probably girls, THEN beer then BBQ.
Well we could start a new thread on this....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I don't know if it would be a good idea to have our own section on Prime...others would not look at it, they would not notice when we posted something.
Just a thought...

Hi THUNDER,
Can you copy and paste my post or someone else's post into Google Translate, then clean it up properly in French and post it here?

Also, someone do it in German too, most of you Nederlanders speak good German and can do it.

Then it will be on the first page of this tread, handy for newcomers no matter what their language.

And maybe Lud can rename this thread to "NSX Club Benelux in Nederlands, English, Français, Deutsch"
That will get the attention of some of the shy readers who may otherwise never open this page.

That way we start to get this database seriously rolling and use the internet for what it is great for! Communication! And Beer!

Ok, maybe just communication then...

Last edited:
yes, the info will not be public.
members will have to log in or something like that.

I have no problem with a database, but I don't want my data to be public. I guess it is only for NSX Club members?
Check out the club web site it´s secured so only registered members can have access.

And since registration is via e-mail access to spammers would be very restricted/difficult

Back