• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Club of Canada!

So how does it work to join as an associate member? I have the Word document application form downloaded. Should I just fill it in and omit the NSX model details?

I'd also like to come on the July drive to the Niagara region, trailing at the back as I don't yet have an NSX, :frown: only an Integra. My nice ride of 7 years, a 911, was sold to pay for part of year 2 of my MBA. Until the student loans are paid off, I'll be remaining an associate member and drooling over everyone else's NSX's. (from a safe distance of course - wouldn't want to get any of them dirty :wink: )

I understand if no other Acura models are welcome. I could always volunteer for someone's passenger seat if it is empty. As compensation to the group, I can offer to shoot a video of the day, edit it, and make everyone DVD's or simply post the files on my FTP server for easy download.

Thanks

So how does it work to join as an associate member? I have the Word document application form downloaded. Should I just fill it in and omit the NSX model details?

I understand if no other Acura models are welcome. I could always volunteer for someone's passenger seat if it is empty. As compensation to the group, I can offer to shoot a video of the day, edit it, and make everyone DVD's or simply post the files on my FTP server for easy download.

Non-NSX members are always welcome! The Drive on the 7th is a mixed event, so you are welcome to bring your car! We will have some NSX only drives, but I'm sure we'll be able to arrange a seat for you with someone.

Please fill in the form, write out the cheque and send it in - they you're an associate memeber - its that simple!

Omar,

I have no idea how that icon got there. It must have been accidentally hit when I was going to hit the "submit reply" button. My bad, not a critique of the thread. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and partaking in all the club has to offer.

Interesting parallel, I was a founding member of the Porsche Club of America chapter in Manitoba 6 years ago, including being the first newsletter editor for the first 4 years, host of the first 5 car movie nights and second club president. We started with 26 members (the minimum for a region was 25). There was a lot of chasing people down around Winnipeg and leaving flyers or business cards under wipers of parked cars. Porsches were as rare in Winnipeg as NSX's seem to be in the GTA.

I don't know everything that the NSX club has planned, but I can tell you that I already see the similarities. I know many of these are already being done, but here is a list of all the events we used to do in Manitoba, including some especially invented to deal with our "extended" storage season in Winterpeg.:biggrin:
- dinner meetings (monthly)
- show & shines/BBQ
- scenic drives/lunch
- mechanical/service tech sessions
- parking lot autocrossing
- car-themed movie nights (winter season)
- F1 race viewings
- summer pool party/BBQ
- online group racing (winter season)
- indoor karting (winter season)

I any case, I'm looking forward to getting involved with another great bunch of gearheads. And if anyone wants to look at hosting a NSX movie night, I have tons of content, including all 4 volumes of Doug Hayashi's NSX-Files. (3 VHS and 1 DVD)

Cheers.

The movie night sounds great!

Dave has the big TV or I can bring a projector. Glad to have you aboard. We'll pick your brain about growing the club to!

I've got a lot of NSX-sxpecific vids on vhs and dvd too...mostly in japanese but very nice to view nonetheless.

I Would like to offer my place for a movie nite, home theater , big screen/
HD projector / 5000 watts.

Dragonwing

Let's do it, maybe after NSXPO this fall? Anyone ever see the Jackie Chan movie where he owns a speed shop in Japan? It's really good, but was never released here.

I Would like to offer my place for a movie nite, home theater , big screen/
HD projector / 5000 watts. Dragonwing

Awesome! Thanks! I bet you can make the cars sounds real!

The other thing on the list I liked was the go-karting. I know th eguy who owns the kart track @ Downsview and I'm sure we arrage some special events, I'm also sure we can get some instructors out to teach a bit of driving/racing skills.

Hi Guys,

Our membership is still growing! We are over 30 members so far, and have some associate members to. Keep spreading the word.

I know some of you have asked for membership cards and member stickers for your cars. We haven't forgotten. It takes some $ to get the club started, but once we see what our coffers look like, we'll take on the next project.

That in mind, some of you still need to pick up your shirts at Mike's shop. Please do! There are some extra ladies shirts - good for girlfriends, wives or both! :) Your kids would like them to.

Great to see everyone at the events!

Still waiting for my confirmation to come, along with a membership card, shirt, and what ever else comes with membership.

Ian

Hey Ian,
Guys have been picking up their shirts at cruises, dinners and events etc. If you want to grab it, you can get it at Mikey's detailing shop:
MRC Autodetailing
555 Edward Ave
Unit 505

I did send you a confirmation email. Please confirm your email address with me at [email protected]

We don't have membership cards just yet, that's a factor of the expense of setting up the club (incorporation, insurance etc) vs our revenue in the first year. Don't worry though, we'll get some made as soon as we're in the black.

As am I. PM me a form?

No problem. Here it is.

Send it to Red with payment of $100, and $50 if you want a shirt. Once he has it, I'll send out a confirmation email.

That will make 4 members out west guys. I just sent a PM saying that the big benefits are:

Dealer discounts - many members have paid for their membership with this.
Insurance - if you plan a cruise or event and something happens you're covered.
Fun - since we formalized the club we've had more events than we can go to! We are excited to see things taking off out west to!

Attachments

• Application.rtf
    15.7 KB · Views: 39
Is the club still in existance? I giving serious thought to getting an NSX. Looking for an older one first to keep the initial cost down and get to know it, then if I fall in love with it....then a 97+ or a 02+ model year.
Dave

Yes, and it is stronger than ever!

We are planning a registration party for 2009 in the coming weeks. We are already booking hotel rooms at Est Fest. AND ABOVE EVERYTHING, the executive of the NSXCC is also the planning committee for 2009's NSXPO, which is IN TORONTO THIS YEAR. The largest meeting of NSXs in North America, right here! It has been a TON of work so far but it is going to be an amazing event.

It has NEVER made more sense to join the Club than now.

BTW - I picked up my car from storage this AM. After sitting there for four months, it fired right up. I got in, drove home and IT ROCKED. Ive had it for 5 years and there is still nothing Id rather be driving.

I think that you'd be our first member in the Peg. You can have your own chapter! We will help you get service and parts deals.

Would like to join...which is the currant mailing address???
Thanks.

To renew your membership in the NSXCC or join, send your cheque to:

NSX Club of Canada
PO BOX #35537
2528 Bayview Ave.
North York, On
M2L 2Y4

Renewals - $75.00 (this includes your membership dues to attend NSXPO in 09) Please include a membership application with any changes to your contact information, otherwise just the cheque is fine.

New Members - $100.00 & application form attached (includes your membership dues for NSXPO & the NSX Book & club sticker).

PS. Registration fees for NSXPO are not included. Membership in NSXCC means you will not have to join NSXCA to register for NSXPO.

is there a list of members or member numbers? :biggrin:
what do the shirts look like :tongue:
guys i'm working in Hong Kong but will be back for the nsxxpo for sure

Back