• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Club of Canada!

I love it when a plan comes together.

Whats happening with our stalker cards? I see an NSX on the street, I need something to chase them down with!

Welcome aboard! Always great to have more owners join us. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your car. New owner? Long time owner? Colour? Mods? etc.

I'm glad you found NSXPrime -- it's probably the BEST resource for any NSX owner. In addition to the various forums, it's also a good idea to check out the FAQ (linked from the top red bar) which has a TON of very useful information.

By joining the NSX Club of Canada, you'll also get to meet the other local owners and join us at our various club events (dinners, drives, tech days etc). It's also an excellent way to learn more about your car as well...

Welcome aboard, and hope to see you out at our next event!

Thank you for the welcome. I have a '91 silver nsx 5 speed that I purchased new. It has been a great car! I only drive it during the summer months and store it in the winter. I have been holding on waiting for the new model that never seems to arrive. You see so very few on the road. It still gets looks each summer when I bring it out. The car is completely stock and has only been touched by one dealer.
I look forward to learning more about the club events.

Thank you for the welcome. I have a '91 silver nsx 5 speed that I purchased new. It has been a great car! I only drive it during the summer months and store it in the winter. I have been holding on waiting for the new model that never seems to arrive. You see so very few on the road. It still gets looks each summer when I bring it out. The car is completely stock and has only been touched by one dealer.

Wow! An original owner with a stock car! We have maybe 1 NSX with those credentials in the club. You! :biggrin:

Don't worry we're not a bunch of ricers running around with Nitrous. You'll like us. You really, really will.

Welcome, glad to have another Silver apart of the Club!
Wow when I was looking for mine there were very few Silvers Available... whats the current mileage on the car now?
Hope to see you out on a few meets this year
Zak

The car has 74000km. I'm fond of silver as it hardly shows the dirt when it's dirty. I look forward to seeing your calendar of events.

Hello Everybody, I just wanted to quickly introduce myself as I am now on the hunt for my very first NSX.

I am 29 y.o. live/work in Mississauga as a Systems Engineer.

My current car 1993 Prelude SR-V is dead, and I will explain the story on my blog www.carzi.com in full detail.

In a nutshell the engine overheated and crankshaft bearing fried because of a coolant flush that was not done properly resulting in the coolant system not being full. I now have a $4500 problem on my hands and have decided not to replace my JDM engine that was recently swapped in 2003.

My 93 now has 303k on it and I cant justify sinking 5 grand into it again, even if I were to keep it as a winter car. I was not planning on getting an NSX until next year, but due to the circumstances I am forced to begin the hunt now.

Question: Does it make sense for me to just get a $1500-$2000 beater civic in the meantime while I hunt for the NSX, and use it as a winter car when I finally get my NSX? (it sucks that i have to step down to a civic from my lude, because the lude was a really awesome winter car believe it or not). Or should i repair the Prelude? My main concern is that the prelude's other non-engine parts will start to go, I will need a new tranny and a rad, pumps etc... and think I can part out the car or sell as is for at least 3 grand?

I will be looking for lots of advice, and have heard amazing reviews of this site from a previous NSX owner I worked with last year.

Look forward to hearing everyones advice as well as meeting everyone at some point in time hopefully in the upcoming months.

From my initial talks with a previous well versed NSX owner, all I know is that I ideally want a 1994, and ideally all stock.

I saw a sweet SILVER NSX with chrom'ish rims heading WEST on 401 around Dixie/427 Tues. May 8th at 1pm. SEXY!

-Anthony

P.S. as soon as I have my NSX, I would also be interested in joining the NSX Club of Canada.

You should join before you get your car! That way we will get to meet you and you'll probably get to ride in and be around a ton of NSXs before you find yours!

Good luck with the search.

Question: Does it make sense for me to just get a $1500-$2000 beater civic in the meantime while I hunt for the NSX, and use it as a winter car when I finally get my NSX? (it sucks that i have to step down to a civic from my lude, because the lude was a really awesome winter car believe it or not). Or should i repair the Prelude? My main concern is that the prelude's other non-engine parts will start to go, I will need a new tranny and a rad, pumps etc... and think I can part out the car or sell as is for at least 3 grand?

I will be looking for lots of advice, and have heard amazing reviews of this site from a previous NSX owner I worked with last year.

Yep, this is probably the best resource on the internet if you're an NSX owner. I would highly recommend reviewing the FAQ prior to purchasing the car because there's a lot of good info there.

If you're looking for an early year car, there's no reason that a 94 is necessarily better than a 91. There were a lot more 91's and 92's sold so you may be able to find one in better shape/lower mileage than a 94. If you do get a 91, be sure you're well aware of the snap ring transmission issue (covered in the FAQ). Other considerations for different years would include OBD1 vs OBD2 if you're planning on engine mods, targa vs coupe, NA1 vs NA2 (HP and gearing), etc.

In terms of winter car, you're definitely going to need something. I've got an SRV that I'm currently using as well. It'll suck stepping down to a civic from the SRV, but it'll make it that much sweeter when you get back into your NSX in the spring :) In any case, compared to the NSX, the SRV feels pretty anemic anyways, and in the winter you're looking for something that'll get you safely from point A to B. At least for me, performance in the winter isn't really a big consideration.

You can usually get a good 8 months out of the year on the NSX if you don't mind driving it in clear but cooler weather in the fall. Use the money you save by buying the civic on mods for the NSX!

EDIT: Whatever you do, don't get this beater though: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a52_1178712445

Last edited:
Gentlemen, quick question:

1. Who do I make the cheque out to? Stuart Sherman or NSX Club Of Canada.

BTW, these FAQ's are GOLD!

This is so mint, I'm not sure if I will be able to do any work today!

ac

Gentlemen, quick question:

1. Who do I make the cheque out to? Stuart Sherman or NSX Club Of Canada.

BTW, these FAQ's are GOLD!

This is so mint, I'm not sure if I will be able to do any work today!

ac

Make the cheque out to the NSX Club of Canada. Send it to the address Stu listed above.

I sent my application and cheque on May 9. I haven't heard anything. Has it arrived?
I just put my car on the road an hour ago and took it for a ride!! Amasing. It's been a long winter. I'm looking forward to a nice weekend of cruising.

Youre the guy who was at Erin Mills right? PM Red if he received your payment and documents..

BTW - I was thinking that we should also have a club sticker. I have my NSXCA sticker stuck on my rear cabin glass with pride (not the same type of pride that Stu has). I need an NSX Club of Canada sticker too! We cant show up to an NSXCA event without flying our CDN colors too, no?

No I was not at Erin Mills. I was in downtown Toronto.
I do not know how to message Red? I was just interested more in the calendar of events so that I could plan ahead.

Youre the guy who was at Erin Mills right? PM Red if he received your payment and documents..

BTW - I was thinking that we should also have a club sticker. I have my NSXCA sticker stuck on my rear cabin glass with pride (not the same type of pride that Stu has). I need an NSX Club of Canada sticker too! We cant show up to an NSXCA event without flying our CDN colors too, no?

I think I'm the person that was a Erin Mills that Red had helped me out. My payment has been received by the club, however, I have not had a chance to get to Mikey's place to pick up my shirt yet.....

Thanks for the help guys!! :)

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you...

I sent my application and cheque on May 9. I haven't heard anything. Has it arrived?
I just put my car on the road an hour ago and took it for a ride!! Amasing. It's been a long winter. I'm looking forward to a nice weekend of cruising.

Hi Larry,

Yes, your information was received and you are officially a member!

I will email you the spring newsletter, and that should get you started. There are more events to come, stay tuned to NSXPRIME for updates etc.

Sean

Stickers sound good. We are getting membership cards & the incorporation finalized, but if there's room in the budget we could do it.

Hello,
Is there a Quebec/Montreal chapter of the NSX Club?
How do we join the Crazy Canucks NSX club :)
Regards,
Carmine

We incorporated the club nationally so that anyone in Canada can join, or set up their own chapter without having to go to the expense and work of incorporating their own chapters.

So, if you'd like to join or start a chapter, PM me and I'll send you all the details by email.

Cheers!

They are indeed at Mikey's:

555 EDWARD AVE UNIT 5 RICHMOND HILL

He's got them waiting for you!

Back