• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Engine Cover, CCU

Hi All,

On the NSX-T's there are 3 rubber bump stops that the engine cover rests on. The 2 larger ones are located on the triangular brace and the centre smaller one is located on the glass hatch's latch housing.

My car is missing one of the larger one's. Honda surprising do not list any of these bump stops on their parts database. Any ideas where I can source one ? I have tried all the local suspects such as auto rubber places, vintage rubber reproduction places, etc

I also think that the CCU is unservicable. The fan speed will not vary and will blow only at a very low speed on all settings and at max when set to max. I did not actually notice this when test driving the car. I have read a lot on the various posts about getting it repaired in the US. Does anyone know of any local repairers or where I can source a new/secondhand unit either in Aus or O/S ?

Attachments

• IMG_4568.jpg
    IMG_4568.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4569.JPG
    IMG_4569.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 47
Hi,

the part number for the rubber bung is 74828-SD4-000.

Not sure on the CCU's fault I'm afraid. There is a guy in the US and one in the UK than can test and repair them. Normally a fan speed problem is a fan resister problem but off the top of my head I'm not sure of the NSX set-up....

Gary

Leong, my NSX CCU had similar problems about 3 years ago so I posted it to BrianK. He fixed it quickly and it's worked perfectly ever since. Hope this helps.

Leong,

Congrats on the NSX-T. My CCU was doing similar and I was in a hurry so bought a fan resister from Honda for ~$300 +.....didnt fix it. Sent CCU (card only) to BrianK and fixed. He offers a great service. You might be able to see the faultly capacitor if you pull the CCU card out, it looks like they have leaked when they are U/S. Some owners have replaced the faulty part themselves but BrianK seemed like a smarter option!!

Scott

Thanks guys, looks it Briank is the answer. Will do.

Hagasan, thanks for the part number. The Australian model Legend uses the same part so easy fix.

Back