• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX exported from Switzerland

I'm working on a database on the NSX's that have been sold in Switzerland. I know that quite a lot of them have been exported to surrounding European countries. Could you help me a little bit on that. I'd like to know the chassis no., the date and the country the car was sold to. If you prefer you can pm me too. Thanks a lot!

I have details of around half the NSX's in the UK, will have a look to see if there are any Swiss VIN numbers in there.

I have details of around half the NSX's in the UK, will have a look to see if there are any Swiss VIN numbers in there.

Thanks for looking up. I think the main difference between the UK and the rest of Europe is LHD and RHD which 'prevents' importing of one to the other continent.

As far as I know there have been the following exports from Switzerland:

Norway: 2
Austria: 3
Germany: 3
France: 1
Netherlands: 1

Total: 10 (at least)

All numbers at least.

There are more than two Swiss cars here in Norway. Mine is black 91 with VIN ending in 644. Do you need the complete number? I bought it from Garage Hilber in Märwil 2002.
Martin on the Prime has Ghebas old one, Sebring silver. Bought in 2003.
A company called TG Bil picked up a red one for sale on Autoscout24.ch about a month ago. It is for sale now, CHF 70.000

I'll try to find more info on the other ones. BTW Norway has appx. 30+ registered at the moment.

VINTGBilbilen.jpg

VINTGBiltilGold.jpg

...364. I was looking for this car about 1-2 years ago.

Out of the 66 cars I know, so far 11 have been exported so far.

Last edited:
Here is another CH NSX. It ia a 91 but first time registration in CH was 1995.

That's a nice example I didn't know of. Ahh, that's the 'Senna edition'. 'Magnesium' wheels, of course also. :rolleyes::D How long has it been up for sale? I remember a discussion here on prime about the infamous 'Senna edition'.

No, I'm afraid I don't have the VIN's for all 66 cars. But I could get them for about 90 % of them if I like.

Thanks for the update!

Last edited:
This one has been up for sale since it was imported 2-3 years ago. The owner works at a Honda dealership. Price is almost 20.000 CHF above market price for NSXes, so I really do not believe he wants to sell.
It started as a 95 model, and the price was fair. Martin here on the forum arrested him on that statement as the interior clearly shows a 91.

I know at least one more in my NSX database is CH import but the ownership has changed and I am not sure of the registration number and name of the recent owner. I will find out and post the info.

VIN no. 60 is sitting in my garage here in Norway. Brought up here in 06.

_MG_3653rs.jpg

Hi

Sorry I have not been on Prime much for a very long time. So I saw this thread the other day.

Yes I have Ghebas X X. Please let me know if you want the VIN by PM.

You should find a thread I started here about the "Senna edition" car. It was as I suspected only a sticker he had added.

Regards

Damn, looks like a good one left Switzerland. The odo is about average for 91's. When did it appear for sale? I don't know it. Could you pm me the chassis no. if you have it?

My spreadsheet says that 15 NSX out of 65 have been sold to the surrounding countries, that's nearly a quater. :eek:

Last edited:
Hi

I do not know when it got for sale. But Chippy knows.

He has talked with the seller of the car I posted a link to and should have the chassinumber. I think it ended on 456 or something.

He has also "talked" with the guy in Bergen on that "Senna Edition" NSX we have talked about here.

I sent him a pm with a link to this thread.

After talking with Chippy it sound like one of these Swiss cars will end up in Harstad 120km away. Where Midnight Sun Express lives.

Regards

Damn, looks like a good one left Switzerland. The odo is about average for 91's. When did it appear for sale? I don't know it. Could you pm me the chassis no. if you have it?

My spreadsheet says that 15 NSX out of 65 have been sold to the surrounding countries, that's nearly a quater. :eek:

I'm starting to catalog all the European NSXs, now that I have completed the US and Canada cars. Would it be possible to PM me with the VINs, that you have, as well as color/transmission combinations?

Thanks. :smile:

Hi

What I can do is to find every info I have on my Palmtop and other places of NSX'es here in Norway. I have some pictures too.

Midnight Sun Express had a spreadsheet of all the NSX'es in Norway. But it got lost in a upgrade "crash" or something. He was talking about getting around to starting the list again.

I will prepare what I have here and the little I know of the NSX'es here in Norway. I will check if Midnight Sun Express wants that info or if I just should send it directly to you if you want?

Regards

Hi

What I can do is to find every info I have on my Palmtop and other places of NSX'es here in Norway. I have some pictures too.

Midnight Sun Express had a spreadsheet of all the NSX'es in Norway. But it got lost in a upgrade "crash" or something. He was talking about getting around to starting the list again.

I will prepare what I have here and the little I know of the NSX'es here in Norway. I will check if Midnight Sun Express wants that info or if I just should send it directly to you if you want?

Regards

That would be great! Even better with pictures! I will PM you my email address. :smile:

Finally heard back from the seller with this car: http://www.finn.no/finn/car/object?finnkode=13738218

And ofcos the car is in the snap ring range: J4A4-1005885 VIN: JHMNA11500T100252
I'm so on the fence now conserning this car, you think its a deal breaker?

There is also a car in Oslo available in norway, but still havent managed to convince the seller to find the transmission nr. He says he been looking but cant find it:|

Oh joy....

Last edited:
Hi

Hm I can only speak for myself. For me a car in snap ring would be a dealbreaker. It will cost a looot of money if things goes to he** and that is why I checked that mine was not in the snap ring range.

We live where we live and since I am not a handy man and do not have access to things I would have had to pay somebody to fix this if it broke and it will be expensive.

And I know that I would not be able to sleep if I knew that something could go wrong in the gearbox.

What is the guys problem finding the number? You got pictures from this site where it is so t should be possible to find. You got to have a flash light though I'm sure.

Regards

Martin,

Common, it's not that bad as long as you don't do the standard Honda procedure of changing the EUR 8k (not sure) gearbox instead of rebuilding the old one (EUR 2k). Any part in any car can break suddenly, there's nothing sure in this world. The only thing here is that you know that it COULD fail. If a car (not this one) has had in a severe crash THAT is a big NONO because no money can ever fix that unless you buy another car. :wink:
If it's in the range you can reflect this in the price you pay for the car.

Last edited:
Martin,

The only thing here is that you know that it COULD fail.

If it's in the range you can reflect this in the price you pay for the car.

Hi

Yes I know. When I was out there looking I was looking for the best I could find. And I think I did find the best car. Just knowing it could fail was never an option for me and since it was out of the snap ring range that was never a factor.

The black NSX Gheba had after the silver princess he sold to me was in the snap ring range. What the previous owner did was to have the closer ratio thingys from the 6 speed gearbox fitted.

I remember I testdrove Gheba's NSX and it was higher on the revs and felt a little bit quicker since it was in VTEC when you shifted. I do not think I revved it much though.

If in snap ring it got to reflect that in the price.

Regards

Back