• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX exterior color choices

With all the different discussions on the new Nsx, exterior paint colors has not come up, will white still be the popular choice like the unicorn 1st generation? Let's hear what color you would get if you had the option to put down deposit on? I'll take a white please:biggrin:

↑↑↑↑↑ Lots of tradition - that's good!

Last edited:
Not that I could afford one, but I would take another white!

My choice is red, preferably a deep metallic red. Having said that, the gray on the concept looks really nice.

Dark metallic grey looks fantastic. I'm a big fan of white cars but for some reason when I saw the white NSX, it didn't blow me away. I do wanna see them all in the flesh though..

I like the beak. Not sure why everyone carps on this. The beak is well integrated into the design of the front, unlike previous Acuras where the beak appeared to be just grafted on, way too large and awkward.

This might be an indication of the colors that the new NSX can be ordered. Ted Klaus said that Honda sent these models out to be custom painted for the NSXPO 2014 auction and he was adamant that the auctioneer call the red one by it's proper name Blood Red. So as I read into it, these could be the colors. We should know more in the next couple weeks. I have the Orange one.

Attachments

• IMG_0194.jpg
    IMG_0194.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:
I'm hoping they offer this as an option...
attachment.php

Stunning.

This might be an indication of the colors that the new NSX can be ordered. Ted Klaus said that Honda sent these models out to be custom painted for the NSXPO 2014 auction and he was adamant that the auctioneer call the red one by it's proper name Blood Red. So as I read into it, these could be the colors. We should know more in the next couple weeks. I have the Orange one.

Interesting, BUT I don't see a white NSX in this picture.

Given how popular white is, I would be very surprised if it isn't offered. I think it's a given that red, black, white, silver, and gray are going to be offered. What other colors are going to be available, we will see.

Given how popular white is, I would be very surprised if it isn't offered. I think it's a given that red, black, white, silver, and gray are going to be offered. What other colors are going to be available, we will see.

Are you sure it's that popular? Admired sure, but at barely 400 sold out of over 8K units in the US, that's not very popular considering red, silver and black.

Last edited:
Dark chocolate metallic or orange. Light blue metallic like BMW's silverstone would look nice too.

I have the Orange one.

I managed to win the Titanium as a last ditch bid before they all ran out. I went after the blood red even though I'm not a red car guy but it was bid up by the fellow sitting next to Ted during the auction after Ted casually said "that one's my favorite." The guy then kept his hand up until it was his. :) When I won the titanium I initially thought I was somewhat settling for any color just to scratch the itch for a nice memento but it turns out that the titanium hue completely rocks on that little model. I'm thinking I haven't seen many titanium/golden cars lately, unsure whether it's because gold/tan/champagne is just out of the fad rotation and ready for a boost, or if it's so hard to pull it off that they have fallen out of favor (when I think of Camry's, Lexus ES400's & Mazda 626's I picture tan snoozemobiles). IMHO a golden metallic titanium NSX would either look absolutely stunningly different from the pack and get the love that that Imola's and GPW's tend to get now, or it would fall very flat. No middle ground. YMMV!

Last edited:
Can you see a little plastic engine through the glass on those models?

No engine, it's the 2013 NAIAS concept. But the detail on the rest is amazing. Even the carbon fiber touches and labels on controls in the interior can be seen with a magnifying glass. BTW I think they had a White one there also. (Though it was after happy hour that we were at the banquet and I could be mistaken.) Not sure why it's not in the picture.

Back