• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Fiesta Photos

Fantastic photos and memories all. I curse my iphone daily, but sometimes you just get lucky and it comes through with the goods. Here are a few photos I liked;

Attachments

• DSC00104_2.jpg
    DSC00104_2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_0706_2.jpg
    IMG_0706_2.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0707_2.jpg
    IMG_0707_2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_0708_2.jpg
    IMG_0708_2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 244
this is seriously one of the best threads i've seen!

god its so hard to get an NSX in australia, so few of them being sold

1095586737_H2jKc-XL.jpg

im very surprised to see a taiwanese flag there too, didnt even know they had NSXs over there

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

At NSXPO 2014 when Miled drove my NSX around Columbus late Sat night looking for the mythical "local Home Depot parking lot cruise," he recounted an NSX Fiesta where they were taken on a bus tour of a track (Tochigi?) and out of nowhere, some Type-R's and other NSX's darted out from storage bunkers along the track and caught up to the bus and did some impressive fly-by's. I think the bus was in the flat section of a turn that had high banking and the NSX's darted by at their eye level? Was that Fiesta 2010? Are there any photos or written accounts of that experience? Hearing Miled's account gave me goose bumps, I'd love to read more about it or hear more from anyone who was there? If not Fiesta 2010 then feel free to direct me to another thread instead of filling up this 2010 thread. Thanks.

Nice! How about any of the high-speed flyby? Was that on the same track? Maybe my memory isn't recalling correctly the story that Miled' told, it sounded like this was on a high-speed track with banked turns?

Here is the video I shot from the bus. There were no fly bys and no banked turns on Fuji Speedway.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4jy9JFcdin8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

im very surprised to see a taiwanese flag there too, didnt even know they had NSXs over there

There are a few NSXs in Taiwan, mostly those brought over from the US by their owners. There is also one Taiwanese owner that attends the Fiestas fairly regularly.

Here is the video I shot from the bus. There were no fly bys and no banked turns on Fuji Speedway.

Thanks Bob. I'm thinking then it must have been an earlier Fiesta that Miled described.

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

At NSXPO 2014 when Miled drove my NSX around Columbus late Sat night looking for the mythical "local Home Depot parking lot cruise," he recounted an NSX Fiesta where they were taken on a bus tour of a track (Tochigi?) and out of nowhere, some Type-R's and other NSX's darted out from storage bunkers along the track and caught up to the bus and did some impressive fly-by's. I think the bus was in the flat section of a turn that had high banking and the NSX's darted by at their eye level? Was that Fiesta 2010? Are there any photos or written accounts of that experience? Hearing Miled's account gave me goose bumps, I'd love to read more about it or hear more from anyone who was there? If not Fiesta 2010 then feel free to direct me to another thread instead of filling up this 2010 thread. Thanks.

Home Depot parking lots are where it's at!

I've heard the same account from Miled in the past and it was just as impressive sounding as you felt.
Also, I believe it was from a much earlier Fiesta.

I came across this thread a while ago and want to thank the contributors for all the great photos.
Almost makes me feel like I was there. (One day, hopefully).

Home Depot parking lots are where it's at!

I've heard the same account from Miled in the past and it was just as impressive sounding as you felt.
Also, I believe it was from a much earlier Fiesta.

I came across this thread a while ago and want to thank the contributors for all the great photos.
Almost makes me feel like I was there. (One day, hopefully).

I'll attempt to paraphrase what Miled relayed to me. Note: this was at NSXPO 2014 after a great dinner where I was buzzed on NSX fanfare from having a great time so far at my first NSXPO and I was riding in the passenger seat for the first time since purchase, as Miled drove and we chatted about things NSX and otherwise. So I'll try to not embellish. We were talking about our NSX hunt/buying experiences, as I almost gave up on finding a GPW and almost pulled the trigger on a nice ivory/silver '91 exactly like his just 2 months before I found my eventual car. Inbetween my attempts to plant subliminal messages to sell me his Type-S wheels, he brought up his experience of attending an NSX Fiesta. They were on a tour bus on a track (now confirmed as being at the Honda proving grounds, see below links...). At some point, the bus was heading at speed towards a banked turn and from way off in the distance, unannounced, several NSX's, maybe Type R's, approached. They strafed the bus at various points, the most dramatic being: passing by the bus way high up on the banked oval at or above eye-level.... Another part of the story involved several Type-R's suddenly appearing from or darting back into "anti paparazzi turrets/bunkers" off to the side of the test track. There may have been some choreographed passes towards, around, and from the bus. My recounting is nothing compared to hearing it from someone who was there. If you get a chance to be driven in your NSX by Miled, make sure you engage in some story time with him.

Ah! Thanks to google: http://www.nsxcj.com/e_fiesta98report.htm

Using that link, from Alex V:
Next, we were given a bus tour of the Honda Testing and Proving Grounds. Very impressive facility, which is very similar to the Transportation Research Center in Ohio, including a large (very) high speed oval. We were particularly impressed when they took us on the big oval, not in a slow, Sunday type of a drive, but in a fast, spirited fashion. I could have sworn our bus driver had a part time job driving for the Honda JTCC team. But impressed as we were, we were completely blown away when we saw three NSXs, approaching us at full speed from behind.
Picture this. Three NSXs with their headlights on, on a high banked oval approaching you at full speed. As they come off the banks, they sequentially straighten out and swooshes by you. Then they do this three or four times, catching us at different parts of the track. Truly an experience that will give you the goosebumps.

NSXPO - check.

NSX Fiesta - bucket list item, for a guy who has not maintained a bucket list until today.

Last edited:
Back