• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX for sale spotted Arlington Heights, IL

I drive past this dealership almost daily. If anyone is looking for an 02+ NSX they have one there.

It's LBBP and looks beautiful. I dont have any details as ive only seen it in passing.

http://www.arlingtonheightslincolnmercury.com/HoursAndDirections

Roto Lincoln Mercury Subaru Mazda
1555 E Rand Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
(847) 255-5700

This is a 2005 Laguna Beach Blue with 18k miles. They are asking 75k for the car.

Someone please talk me out of trading my 03 silver for this one! This is my favorite color!

I drive past this dealership almost daily. If anyone is looking for an 02+ NSX they have one there.

It's LBBP and looks beautiful. I dont have any details as ive only seen it in passing.

http://www.arlingtonheightslincolnmercury.com/HoursAndDirections

Roto Lincoln Mercury Subaru Mazda
1555 E Rand Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
(847) 255-5700

I had a sales call right up the street from this dealer today! Mind you it was snowing like cats and dogs with a good 4" on the ground already.
The Car is super Clean and very pretty.

The Lincoln Mercury Dealer selling it should really stick to crap box cars and stay away from the highline stuff, it was the worst I have ever had to deal with ever!

I walk in today.... NSX is in the showroom.... Im looking it over..

Tony: "what you in here for today?"

Me: "Actually to Look at this NSX!"

Tony: "Well we are asking 85k for it,, there are only 250 ever made, it is super rare.

Me: "Interesting, I understand that it is rare, but that seems really steep" (knowing they told me 75k on the phone)

Tony: "Its the owners car and I know there is only 250 ever made"

Me: "Look Tony, I spoke with Chavez yesterday and he told me it was 75k and I thought that was a bit expensive"

Tony "who did you talk to? Chavez, yea he is in used cars he does not know what he is talking about"

Me: "Well this is a used car is it not? and if he told me 75 that is why I came in here. Because you know so much about this car Ill give you some information... There are only about 30 in this color for this year, not 250 and there are some on the net for less than 75k"

Tony: "Let me check with the owner... its his car anyway"....
"Owner says 80 but I guess we can start talking at 75, are you an enthusiest or something?"

Me: I have a 2003 silver on silver and would be looking to trade it, so because you are asking 75 or 80, you would be willing to give me 70 or 75 for my car?

Tony: "Let me ask the owner"

Me: "Let me talk to the owner! This is really frustrating, you don't know anything about this car"

Tony: " Well YOu would have to bring your car in here... can you bring it in today?"

Me: "In the snow storm, are you kidding?"

Tony: What is it in storage or something?

Me: Yea something like that.... Good luck selling this car, if it strikes my fancy, ill bring my 03 around when its not snowing on your day off. Good day.

If you can tell, I was a bit upset..
Good luck for any one that goes into look at it... and remind yourself that you are walking into a Ford Store before you go!!

Typical of most car sales people. No offense to anyone on here!

$85K??? Weren't they selling them under that brand new?? That sales guy was an idiot.

What did the Car sticker for Brand new in 2005?

Edit.. never mind I found it... 89k new..

KBB says milage being the same...
2005 74k
2004 67k
2003 59,9k

That seems like a ton of deprecation between 2 years of cars as knowing that the 2005 is already 3 years old? 7 k per year like clock work!? Not a great investment! LOL

if you want this car talk to me. a very good friend of mine is one of the big managers there. He hasn't dicked me around yet. This place is close to my house.

-Val

I don't know why the sales people f@#$% w/ people and told a member this NSX is for sale...:tongue:

The worst kind of salesperson I know is the one that tags you as ignorant and either just looking + do not really have the money, so they come up with idiotic offers that you know is way above current value.

I just talked to the people I know there and it is NOT really for sale.

Sorry to bust people's bubble.
The owner won it from EBAY from NY. He just got it a month ago.
When he gets tired of it in the fall or gets the right offer, then he will let it go.
All members drooling for it, hopefully, he doesn't become an NSX enthusiast.
I hear he gets a car every year for the spring. He won the bid for $70-75k.

I guess, "every car in the dealer" is for sale. I'll keep you guys posted if things change.

Members looking for trade ins, I would not consider it, this is the wrong dealer to do that with. They will give you exact bluebook value of your car, regardless if its got lots of tasteful mods.

The manager I was talking to laughed when I mentioned that one of his sales people pissed of a member here. He knew exactly who it was. He said that sales person has no idea what these cars are and what they are about. Even my manager friend is not really into these cars and is in disbelief what the car is going for these days.

Last edited:
What's so called, the owner's name?
I'll let you know if they are playing w/ you.
The only thing I'm sure about is that you will not fare well w/ a trade.

-Val

Back