• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Gathering at Xtreme Indoor Karting 8/1/13 7pm

NSX Gathering at Xtreme Indoor Karting 7/31/13 7pm

In the spirit of HondaPower00's suggestion for some GTGs, who is up for having some fun at Xtreme? Powerline Road just north of Commercial Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale.

Say, 7pm? I'll call later to ensure they don't have some sort of corporate event scheduled that night.

Anyways, August 1. Bring your helmet if you have one. Bring your humility if you have any; these karts are fun and easy to go fast in but hard to go REALLY fast. Watch 90-lb pre-teens running 2 seconds faster and wonder "why can't I do that?"

Dinner afterward optional. There is a Hooter's not very far from Xtreme. Other options for food nearby are also available.

http://www.xtremeindoorkarting.com

Last edited:
CONFLICT - Can we move the date?

I was just reminded that months ago I committed to a dear friend's birthday dinner out on August 1.

Can we move our NSX GTG at Xtreme to Wednesday, July 31, 7pm?

I assume we are still on for this. I will be at Xtreme TOMORROW (NOT THURSDAY; I don't know how to change the thread title) at 7pm or so.

Hope to see at least Hugh and Jose there, and of course, others.

Just found out that Lamborghini of Miami is having an event there this Saturday so I don' know if you guys rather wait and go then?

Geez, this project at work has me all messed up, not really paying attention.

When I read your note about Lamborghini Miami heading to Xtreme on Saturday I thought "yeah, but that's in direct conflict with the Hospice Exotic Car Charity event Hugh posted in another thread, which goes to Lamborghini Miami."

Then it dawned on me: Xtreme thing is THIS Saturday, August 3. The Hospice run is A WEEK FROM this Saturday, August 10. Duh. I'm really glad you posted. I would have p*ssed off my wife (to say nothing of being angry myself) dragging her to the charity event on the wrong weekend. I was fully prepared to go this Saturday.

In answer to your question, no, I'd still rather go to Xtreme Wednesday night. I need the diversion. I find the early evening clientele to be less, um, aggressive and @ss-holey than the Italian sports car crowd I've run with in the past (use your imagination to figure out about whom I'm talking). I already invited my son and another car buddy (remember the guy that came to Orlando with me for 2011 NSXCapades?) Don't know if either will show up, though.

Please feel free to do both Wednesday AND Saturday. :biggrin:

I really wish I could during the week, but my night job doesn't end until 8:00pm. ;)

Too bad I am not down there this week. I went to Xtreme a couple of times when I was there the first week of July. Would have been nice to catch up with locals - even Doc Lane.........:wink:

Too bad I am not down there this week. I went to Xtreme a couple of times when I was there the first week of July. Would have been nice to catch up with locals - even Doc Lane.........:wink:

Sorry I didn't realize you were so close until the day before you left. If I would have known earlier I could have given you my NSX for the week.

My best friend from high school days who now lives in France surprised me by showing up in Florida wednesday afternoon and I completely forgot about karting. Sorry!

I find the early evening clientele to be less, um, aggressive and @ss-holey than the Italian sports car crowd I've run with in the past (use your imagination to figure out about whom I'm talking).

The cars that have farm animals with horns on their badges? :)

The cars that have farm animals with horns on their badges? :)

No, the cars that have horses prancing on their badges, you know, the cars that have been known to spontaneously combust.

It was OK. We had three NSX there. It was fun, especially being served by an incredibly cute young lady at Hooter's afterwards. Now if I were smarter and had a better camera in my phone, I would have a nice contribution to the NSX and Girls Picture thread.

Back