• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX hesitating under 3K RPM

CiaoBoy said:
My car doesn't bog that seriously. And it may not even be a bog at all, if it's the headers which have simply increased mid-range power, so that it's just an illusion that I now have a bog. The bog is more noticeable when my engine is cold, which doesn't sound like the same in your case.

Thats interesting. When I first started noticing this problem 2 years ago, it was also when the engine was cold. But now it just happens whether if its hot or cold. I dont get a MIL but I'm tempted to check for codes anyway.

I have a '94 now with ~69k miles stock other than Comptech exhaust.

I feel a sort of uneven power delivery below 2500rpm or so in first gear. It's not a bog, but it definately feels uneven. I'm sure it happens the same in all gears, but I can only feel it in first. It's more noticable with the AC on, too.

It doesn't particularly bother me so I do not worry about it. It's not noticable enough to even complain about, but I figured I would attempt to contribute to the conversation anyhow :)

Back