• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX in Fresno/Clovis

We would love to get together with other NSX owners that are close by. We are lonely.......:redface:

Attachments

• nsx1.jpg
    nsx1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 456
  • nsx2.jpg
    nsx2.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 419
  • nsx3.jpg
    nsx3.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 447
"What does the white one hide?" Oh, it's totally build engine with special build Supercharge straight from Japan. You got see it.....:eek:

Guys, we should have a get together sometime. It could either be in Merced or Fresno. I could arrange in Fresno if preferrable. We have around 7 NSX in Fresno/Clovis area.

Please express interest for time and date.

I live here in Fresno... I believe I've seen a red pre '02 and a silver '02 around quite a bit. I drive an '04 Esprit now... sold my'03 a while back. Still like the NSX thou.. Am looking to add an early NSX at some point.

Wow! 7 is still a good amount hehe.....maybe I'll be around the area sometime.

6 in merced

Now wouldn't that be a shame if us Merced owners outnumbered your Fresno owners, lol.

It seems we have 5 nsxs within a 2 mile radius.

Last edited:
Where do you guys order parts? That Acura dealer out there is ungodly expensive for ordering nsx parts! No NSXCA discount either. My total came out to like $30 something there for a couple clips and a seal. Modesto came out to $20, and online it's like $11. Ridiculous. I'm hoping my credit card won't run because I couldn't read off my 3 digits on the back because they're worn off. Only reason I ordered through them was because they said it'd be in tomorrow, while modesto said 1-3 and online 2-3 days if they have it instock and longer if not.

I think they charge like list + 50% or something. This is why I stick with ordering all my parts from all makers, ONLINE.

BTW, I'm organizing a drive for this weekend, either saturday or sunday. Any input is welcome. This will be the first Merced area nsx owners meet and drive. Thinking we can grab some lunch in Groveland above priest grade half way through the drive..........

We here in Fresno love to join the drive too. Where are the gathering at and what's the route?

I will try to get my NSX smog before then.

It is yet to be determined. I'm thinking as a starting point the Chevron station at yosemite ave and G st. 9 or 10am. Route will probably be like merced - snelling - merced falls - Hornitos - Up Bear Valley Rd - Highway 49 - Coulterville - Highway 120 Up New Priest Grade - Big Oak Flat or Groveland for lunch/snack break (midway point) - Return by either backtrack or alternate route of "Priest Coulterville Rd" leading back to Coulterville.

I made a map BUT I accidently clicked one wrong button and it erased it. So I'll be working on it again. It's pretty out of the way for Fresno though but this way it keeps us well away from sand and snow.

It sounds like a great drive but I heard it's light snow and cold up in Groveland. Will you be able to plan a gathering in the valley and had lunch at Hooters?...........:tongue: Just a suggestion but will go with the flow. Just love to come out and meet all others.

Driving in your NSX from Tracy to Merced, it's just like driving around the corner.........:biggrin: ..........

Then Big Oak Flat or the gas station at the top of Priest Grade will be our stopping point then if the snow did come down that low. Priest Grade definitely shouldn't have any snow. Only problem is food will be whatever the gas station happens to carry or we bring along. Any suggestion for route or stops? This route is one of my favorite stomping grounds.

the hooters thing is an idea, but a nice invigorating drive is something I really need at this point before class kicks back in.

Alternate, REALLY far for fresno and a bit of a voyage for us merced, Del Puerto Canyon by Patterson, runs to san jose or livermore ........

Last edited:
Saturday Chevron @ yosemite/G st 9:30-10:00 rally time. Route will be as described earlier. If a small number shows and everyone is flexible, we can take a completely different drive if desired.

Glad to read that all of you that went to the drive had a great time. We Fresno guys would love to join you next time around.

How about a gathering in Fresno sometime soon? I will treat everone to a great Oriental lunch.

Please feel free to let me know when is a good time for the gathering?

Where do you guys order parts? That Acura dealer out there is ungodly expensive for ordering nsx parts! No NSXCA discount either.

I think they charge like list + 50% or something. This is why I stick with ordering all my parts from all makers, ONLINE. ..........

Guys, I have been buying Acura parts from Norm Reeves Acura in Temecula for the past 6 years. There is a guy named Mike Cobian in the Internet Parts sales that has been SUPER to deal with. You might give him a call at 951-491-2340. If you don't ask for him I don't know what will happen. Or you can send him an e-mail at [email protected] or www.dchautomotiveparts.com Give him a try.

Brad

Any of you fresno guys happen to have the stock 91-93 springs laying around on the cheaps? I want to swap out my Tein RE and try out some bilsteins on lower perch w/ stock springs. When i bought my Tein RE coilovers, I ended up giving my stock stuff them to another owner.

Thanks!

Oh and new tally for Merced area owners. It seems we're now up to 7! The latest addition that hides itself from the public eye VERY well is the brother of an acquaintance of mine, 05 Silverstone. Hope to drag him out to meet the rest of the folks some time soon.

Koolaid,

I think I still had my stock springs some where in my garage. If I found mine, I will just give it to you for free.

How do I contact you?

I will let you know ASAP.

Just incase someone was interested in fillin' er up with some 100 octane race fuel here are a few pump locations. They seem to be up to date as of this month:

all at the pump
Selma: Exxon - has VP
76 in Waterford off HWY132
76 in Modesto off Coffee Rd.
76 in Ceres of Witmore and Hatch
76 in Delhi off Shanks Rd.
Patterson - not sure where
Turlock - not sure where

BTW, you're looking at about $6-$7/gal

Selma:
web01.jpg

Back