• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Inspection Woodfield or Westmont?

I have somebody that is interested in buying my NSX but has asked for an inspection. Is Woodfield Muellers Acura (Ill.) or Mcgrath Acura in Westmont(Ill.) better or does it make no difference. Also who pays for the inspection? Seller or buyer? :confused:
Thanks Wswen

Hi Bill,

I would suggest Muller's. I've had experience at both places and for a 3rd party inspection I'd go to Muller's. Typically the buyer pays for inspection.

Any plans on a replacement?

Regards,
Sean

Woodfield services a lot more NSXs.

When scheduling your appointment, make sure Ted (their senior NSX tech) is available to do the inspection.

Daughter's college is killing me. I haven't used the NSX nearly as much as I planned so I thought I would sell it, wait 2 years and get another NSX or maybe a 05 Elise. Good to hear from you Sean. From your posts I can tell you are enjoying your NSX

I know its crazy, but I would suggest taking your car to John Vasos at AOB in the Milliwaukee...it is far...price would be much better...IMHO.

The inspection gives some piece of mind to you and the buyer that all is well with the car. It also gives you some backup if the buyer ends up blaming you for something mechanical after the purchase, even though most sales are "AS IS". As for the price, you could negotiate that in the deal if the buyer is serious. I remember three years ago I paid $200 for a complete PPI, and that included alignment specs.

I know its crazy, but I would suggest taking your car to John Vasos at AOB in the Milliwaukee...it is far...price would be much better...IMHO.
You will probably spend as much for the extra gas and tolls for the 200-mile round trip as you would save for the inspection.

Back