• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX is STUPID!!!

....and why in the hell do I still love and miss driving it after having owned three? Why? Why????:confused: It's older than dinosaur....why????

I'm right there with you Poohbear. Sold my baby last August, and I've been lurking ever since, They are without a doubt one of the greatest driving machine experiences PERIOD!

Met up with a friend (former nsx owner) for a few minutes today, and even he is getting the urge, and has been looking to buy another one

I dont get why someone would do that.:cool: Ever heard of the saying "the grass is always greener on the other side?" in this case it never is.

Buy another one and keep it. enough said

I am dumber than you. I had 4 nsx's and still lurkin' here!! Simply put, it still is the greatest car ever made!

Last edited:
Lud should sticky this thread so we can all read it whenever we feel the urge to sell our NSXs, I know I would. ;)

Time to buy another one fellas. :cool:

hmmmm is the car stupid,or the ex owners???:tongue:

Mine is for sale.

First $165,000 takes it.

such a special car......last week i let a buddy drive my slimmed down, headered 93.......he has a highly modified last gen rx7 turbo thing......430 HP......he was stunned with the nsx.....when i told him that in 15 years i hadnt replaced a tail light bulb (or anything else)....he couldnt believe it

to me, the thing just duznt seem to get old.......i look at the new stuff and think, hmmmmm....not as beautiful as the nsx......id love to drive more of the new stuff to see if my car is really obsolete...i did get to drive a newer 500 plus HP all wheel porsche of some kind.....granted, the thing was incredibly fast and handling was faultless...its limits were way beyond the nsx but.....i didnt want one!

im soooo not brand loyal and go thru motorcycles at a financially unfortunate rate......are we that biased???

My NSX is pending sale to acquire a friends F car. We took both of them out last Saturday to do sort of a comparison. We took them to public places, as well as a local canyon.

I met him in downtown SLC where he lives, and there is an outdoor shopping mall where he lives in these luxury condos just above. A few minutes we departed and drove through this one way narrow road that splits the shopping center. I could not believe how much attention the NSX got over the F360. My car is lowered, and completely blacked out. The Ferrari is red. People knew right away what the F car was, but for the most part they couldn't figure out what the NSX was. I heard only a few comments of "thats a sick NSX" but really I heard lots of "what the hell is that black thing?" It seemed like time just came to a pause as we drove by.

We made our way to the main road going east into the canyon. Did some spirited driving to the very top of the canyon where there was a park for sight-seeing. The drive for me in the NSX was pretty straight forward. Great feedback as everyone who owns an NSX can feel. Pretty effortless driving up the canyon as far as handling. When we reached the top we switched cars. First thing I noticed with the Ferrari was the headroom. And leg room. Seemed like it had 4x the amount of interior space compared to the NSX. On the way back down, going into the corners with the F360 felt great. But a little more body roll compared to the NSX. I have aftermarket suspension on my car. The noise from the engine was okay, since it was stock. The F1 paddle shifters are something to get use to.

As we made our was down the canyon, merging onto the freeway, I couldn't help but to stare at my car in front of me and feel sad. A very bittersweet feeling that I knew that I would miss my car. I wasn't paying too much attention that I was inside a F360. We pulled into a local gas station and talked about both cars a bit while people gathered around the two and glimpsed inside, etc.

Everyone is different, but I can say that after owning an NSX, I "get it". I understand the exclusiveness when it comes to the rarity of the car, the aluminum body panels, the Senna influence. I truly feel that it is one of the last greatest sportscars to come out of Japan. Because of these reasons, the F car will be up for sale shortly, and I have to get myself back into an NA2 model.

such a special car...... a highly modified last gen rx7 turbo thing......430 HP......he was stunned with the nsx.....when i told him that in 15 years i hadnt replaced a tail light bulb (or anything else)....he couldnt believe it........

I miss my 430rwhp RX7 (FD).......

I saw the title and was gonna jump down this guys throat,,, LOL

I will never sell my NSX, its as if i dont have one, cant sell it if in your mind you dont have it.. trick your mind into thinking you dont have one. if you need money there is always other ways..

anyway would you guys ever buy a wrecked NSX and bring her back to life? there is one here in tampa current bid is $2,050 bucks for 1992 red/Ivory 5 speed, the car looks great except for the rolled top and front end, and flat tires, I guess its been sitting there for awhile the interior looks Mint.

I currently have a 1992 blk/blk and was thinking about putting it in my driveway and slowly put her back together heres the link

http://www.copart.com/c2/homeSearch...e2s1&lotId=14269540&returnPage=SEARCH_RESULTS

im actually going to go look at it after work as its like 10 miles from me

Last edited:
Mine is for sale.

First $165,000 takes it.

First of all its a silver owned Boston car....so that depreciates the value right there.....maybe try $1.65 :biggrin:

Everytime I ponder about selling my car.....I think about well if I do sell it and want to get another one then I would have to go through all the trouble to get it back to how I like it now and that would cost a lot of money.....so might as well keep it.....I know I will miss it......its better just to add to the collection.

People who have owned Gallardos, F355s, F360's, F430 Scuderia's, F40's say that the NSX is one of the greatest car's ever built, so why get rid of it.

Because of these reasons, the F car will be up for sale shortly, and I have to get myself back into an NA2 model.

That was a nice story, but the statement above is the silliest thing I've heard in a long time. Why don't you just keep the NSX and avoid the hassle?

That was a nice story, but the statement above is the silliest thing I've heard in a long time. Why don't you just keep the NSX and avoid the hassle?

I was wondering the same?

I have to say, I have the opposite story. I live in a similar kind of area with a luxury outdoor mall really close to me. My NSX is pretty insane looking and gets photographed everywhere I go, talked about etc...

But on a recent outing I parked next to one of the local F car guys with a perfectly kept 360 in that metallic red color. I have to admit that as great as the NSX is and looks, it did disappear next to the F360 for the vast majority of passer's by.

There was a definite "combo effect" of the two of them, but it was largely a "WOAH! holy crap! Look at that!!!! OOOooooooo... a Ferrari!" and then either "thats a CRAZY NSX" or "is that a Ferrari too?" type reaction. It was kind of fun to lurk and observe the "typical" reaction.

I love the NSX... this is my third and I dumped a 911 for it. I also think it is really the only Japanese "supercar" I would own (sorry Batman! LOL)... Although I do admit to endlessly being drawn to the Supra the way you kind of get drawn to the red headed harlot "bad girl" that you know is trouble, and if I ever had another garage spot and a pile of cash laying around I would add one as my mistress ;)

In the end though... a Ferrari really is in a class of its own, for me...

Last edited:
every time someone talks about the Ferrari they had or saw, I alway remember this pic that was posted here on Prime that shows a brand new F360 on fire at a local car show. the end of the caption was something like " watching a 100K Ferrari burn Priceless" they are not reliable, if I was the richest guy in the world I would never buy one.

the movie " KILL BILL 2 " that young girl calls a Ferrari " Italian Trash "
dont get me wrong I have some Italian in me somewhere down the road but a car that you can Only drive once a year, cuz you dont want to risk it breaking down isnt worth shit to me. a car is to be driven and wrecked, and then you buy another one, drive the hell out of it and keep going.

to buy a car and have it sit in the garage and then you open the garage just to show your neighbors you have one is really stupid. I think its more like " My shit don't stink " attitude.

my 2 cents dont kill me on this guys

Lets not get out of hand with pre conceived notions. For the record I am a track junkie. I would say 65% of the time I drive the nice cars at the track. We have one of the world's finest newly build tracks in my backyard. I bought the NSX because it already had stoptechs and JIC coilovers. The other 20% would be seat time on the way to the track and the other 15% would be for personal pleasure.

If I worried about what other people thought about a particular car I owned, I might as well keep it in the garage and act like a pompus jerk. Those people who have negative thoughts about a ferrari would probably have the same thoughts on an NSX, or Porsche. Every car comes with it's pre conceived notions. People will think I am a jerk in the F car or NSX, and people will think I'm a broke fool in my 400k mile daily driven oxidized blue corolla. Either way it is irrelevant what others say in a movie, or in real life.

Back