• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX is STUPID!!!

....On another note I also miss my fd. That car really was bullet proof with the exception that yes, the engine did have those apex seals but like batman said, it was cheap to fix. If I had known it was that cheap I would have just kept it rather than sell it. I would buy another one but feel weird buying a car that cost more now than when i bought it as I bought a mint 93 with 41000 miles for 15K!!

I forgot to mention that my FD driveshaft and diff was original, even with the added HP/TQ.

I just re-read this thread and decided it was worth mentioning in my blog.

Hope you ex-NSX guys come back to the fold with another NSX!
:biggrin:

This was a weird thread - that's all I can say - it has about as much NSX content as the man in the moon. Strange dudes......:cool:

I just re-read this thread and decided it was worth mentioning in my blog.

Hope you ex-NSX guys come back to the fold with another NSX!
:biggrin:

Dude. Just checked your blog and all I can say is ... MOAR!!

PS: That's the first time I've ever used the word moar.:redface:

Same here. I sold my NSX in 2006 because I had a 3 year old about ready to start school and wasn't sure how my finances would handle it all. I miss that car every day. Now, here in 2010, I'm a divorced single father and I'm thinking once I regroup, get a house, I'm going to reward myself with another NSX:biggrin: I mean that seems like the logical thing to do.

BUMP! I was reading Oyagi's blog and got linked to this thread.

I haven't driven the NSX much last year. I have been thinking about selling or trading it for a F430 or equivalent. I just needed to snap out of it!:wink:

....and why in the hell do I still love and miss driving it after having owned three? Why? Why????:confused: It's older than dinosaur....why????

I was discussing the NSX with someone not long ago and came to the realization that for almost my entire legal driving life I have been in an NSX. That has been almost 18 years now behind the wheel, and 16 years driving an NSX, and currently on my third one. In other words, I really do not know a driving life without an NSX, and I count myself blessed to be able to say that. I also do not want to know a time without my NSX. It is just too great of a car. I will own other cars, but my NSX will always be the priority, and get the garage spot when it gets a bit too cold outside. ;)

Last edited:
BUMP! I was reading Oyagi's blog and got linked to this thread.

I haven't driven the NSX much last year. I have been thinking about selling or trading it for a F430 or equivalent. I just needed to snap out of it!:wink:
Haha, good to see someone is reading my blog (sometimes I think I'm screaming into a deep dark well). :redface:

Not much updating lately while the car is stored...

... I have no issues with them, but like the feel of the OEM seats on my NSX better. I guess my butt is just naturally shaped for the NSX. :biggrin:

I can relate here. The seats in these cars are an epiphany. It's like a perfect balance between cushioned comfort and bolstered security. My back doesn't hurt after a long weekend driving to/on/from a track, but I never have to worry (on street tires anyway) about ending up straddling a bolster after a turn.

I like them way better than the non-sport-seats in the 996 Turbo/GT2, and at least as good as the current/outgoing Lamborghini seats...which are really nice IMO.

I swore that I was through with sports cars and especially NSX but...

I just picked up my 3rd Today:biggrin:

I'm surprized nobody beat me to it:

1993 sil/blk with 12,000 original miles !

It's really quite disturbing how clean it is..like it was just made...but there's a "Catch" to all this.:biggrin:

nice to be back on site.

Spooler

Last edited:
I swore that I was through with sports cars and especially NSX but...

I just picked up my 3rd Today:biggrin:

I'm surprized nobody beat me to it:

1993 sil/blk with 12,000 original miles !

It's really quite disturbing how clean it is..like it was just made...but there's a "Catch" to all this.:biggrin:

nice to be back on site.

Spooler

Welcome back - Whats the "catch"?

Old style Twin Turbo:rolleyes: but.... it runs really good, clean install, mild boost.

Now I have a decision to make:

Return to stock before it's too late or....

Drive the car conservatively and see how long I can make it last.

S

One thing that might help you make this decision - this is a 91 with extremely low miles and RARE! As in ain't many of em left so if it were me considering what you mentioned to me in a PM about your last one - I'd say get that turbo charger out of there asap and enjoy the car as it was made and take the money you might get from the sale and invest in a good set of headers if it doesn't have them already. Spend your money on maybe some suspension upgrades as in wheels and tires or coil overs or Swift Springs to lower it slightly or not. But the stock 91s with low miles will be imho as collectable as the 05. Just a thought....:wink:

One thing that might help you make this decision - this is a 91 with extremely low miles and RARE! As in ain't many of em left so if it were me considering what you mentioned to me in a PM about your last one - I'd say get that turbo charger out of there asap and enjoy the car as it was made and take the money you might get from the sale and invest in a good set of headers if it doesn't have them already. Spend your money on maybe some suspension upgrades as in wheels and tires or coil overs or Swift Springs to lower it slightly or not. But the stock 91s with low miles will be imho as collectable as the 05. Just a thought....:wink:

I agree with Tim, 91's in good shape will be very hard to find in the next few years. I think 91, 97, 02 and 05 will have extra value.

it is a fun read... the NSX is a special car that just feels good to drive. i don't see a problem with wanting one, its not a bad car. i guess if you moved onto a Ferrari or something and still want one, i can see where you are coming from... but if you sold it for a sedan or something, then its easy to see why you miss it. a proper sports car is just hard to beat.

I keep thinking of ways to grab hold of another NSX so I can start a collection and drive one car while the other sits in the garage :biggrin: What has this car done to me!?

I had a post a couple of months ago debating whether I should sell my NSX for a bike and a more economical car. Let me tell you, for that situation I was stuck in, I would have ended up selling any other car. The NSX is hard to let go of. Good thing I pulled through too, because now I have my R6 and the NSX :).

I keep thinking of ways to grab hold of another NSX so I can start a collection and drive one car while the other sits in the garage :biggrin: What has this car done to me!?

Not unusual at all. I bet many of us have the very same thought.

That being said, I have just purchased another NSX couple of weeks ago, can't wait till I take delivery of it.

However, I'm sorry to say that I will need to sell the one I have now in due course reluctantly... :redface:

well, if you find a really low mileage one, then do it.

Back